Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2011, 04:14 AM
This is very exciting!!! I can't wait to do these mission! Will it matter which Shuttle we take? I mean, using a Runabout be better than the standard shuttle? And I hope his opens up future ways to transport to a planet, vessel or base!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2011, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the FAQ, dstahl. I do have a couple questions about the free shuttle, though.
  1. You said earlier that we would be getting a free ship slot with the free shuttle. Is this still the case?
  2. If we've already bought the Delta Shuttle and/or Runabout (like I have), will there be a chance to buy/obtain the Type-8 shuttle? (While I will be using the Delta Shuttle, I plan on getting all the different shuttles I can, in anticipation of when we have our shuttle bays.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landon_Kent
Thanks for the info I am one who could not wait I love the delta flyer now all we need are some racing pvp missions that would be grand
Yes! I'm looking forward to when they will introduce shuttle races, as well as the ability to make our own with the Foundry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukedom View Post
there is no restriction on the runabout. you can get one the first thing after the tutorial if you have the energy credits and fly to ds9.
Also, you don't have to fly to DS9 to buy the Runabout. Right now, you can buy one in the Ship Requisitions room of ESD. (That may change in the future, but I doubt it will.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2011, 04:37 AM
By the way, the Runabout is now also available from Byarnez in Starship Requisitions at Earth Spacedock. The price, which was formerly same as a T4 vessel (143,850 EC) is now 34,250 EC.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2011, 08:48 AM
The free shuttle would be useless to me, I allready have a runabout. :O
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2011, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
[font="Arial Black"]
What level or faction do I need to be in order to play the episode?
Feature Episodes can be played by both Federation and Klingon faction characters that are at least level 6. The Breen series is the only exception which requires players to be level 12.
its level 10, not 12 for the breen.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2011, 05:09 PM
Questions:

Why is my Bulletin blank?! This was supposed to be the method on communicating events and such in game yet you guys NEVER use it. I'm sorry, you used it yesterday to announce that the Episode would premiere tomorrow.

Why not use it TODAY to tell everyone that the mission launched also use it to tell both side where the heck to go and who to talk to.

The Mission FAQ in this thread should just be summarized and placed in the Bulletin system if not forever (assuming perhaps tech shortfall?) then at least for the weekend. Just have it pop up today...it's silly to remind us of the mission the day before because anyone that wants to play it bad enough to plan a day ahead is paying enough attention to KNOW it's on that day :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Questions:

Why is my Bulletin blank?! This was supposed to be the method on communicating events and such in game yet you guys NEVER use it. I'm sorry, you used it yesterday to announce that the Episode would premiere tomorrow.

Why not use it TODAY to tell everyone that the mission launched also use it to tell both side where the heck to go and who to talk to.

The Mission FAQ in this thread should just be summarized and placed in the Bulletin system if not forever (assuming perhaps tech shortfall?) then at least for the weekend. Just have it pop up today...it's silly to remind us of the mission the day before because anyone that wants to play it bad enough to plan a day ahead is paying enough attention to KNOW it's on that day :p
there was a bulletin
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2011, 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Questions:

As another user stated - the bulletin was posted - so it is unclear to me why you did not receive it.

We are looking into expanding the bulletin system in an upcoming update so we will look into why you might not have seen it.

Quick question - is your pc default set to a language other than English?
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Bulletins appear blank if you select "Bulletins" from the dropdown menu but you've already seen the bulletin before (and possibly reflexively closed it). If you hit the button on the Bulletin window marked "Show All" you should see it again.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2011, 07:28 PM
I tried the first mission the day it came out. It was revolutionary, to say the least. to me, it was like a cross between a space mission and a ground mission XD. I had a blast playing it!

One thing I was a bit dissapointed in was that shuttlecraft are treated just like a regular ship. I was hoping they would be oriented more like a ship-hangar based play style; that is, Instead of choosing between my dreadnought OR a shuttle, I could fly my main ship up to the mission point, then fly my runabout into the mission from there, rather than flying my shuttle all the way from ESD to this mission place. Especially thinking to the delta-flyer and the type 8 shuttle, they were designed to launch from ship hangars, not directly from space docks.
I also hope that there will be a stat list for the different shuttles so I can see specifically the pros/cons of a delta flyer vs a runabout (plz don't tell me delta flyers are superior hands down, after all, they were a tuff lil ship in DS9 series)

The last thing I was hoping to hit on was the scorpion fighter reward. It looks cool and all, and I was really excited to win it, but my heart sank when I saw that it only had 20 charges. Granted, that is a lot, it is still limited. I do realize that I can just replay the mission to keep earning them, but Im thinking its gonna get old after awhile... Lets hope the featured limited reward will possibly include unlimited scorpion fighters
Closed Thread