Lt. Commander
# 51
02-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Biggest problem with PvP is that it needs A LOT more maps.
Seriously, does Cryptic know how BORING it gets PvP'ing on the same old maps day in and day out for a year?

At the very least there should be one or two "unique" maps for each location in the neutral zone that is a PvP arena that actually fit the location.
I'm sorry if you think that's all that's wrong with PvP.

More maps and ques and stuff will not fix the "SNB, BT:S, BT:E, BT:W, GW, TR, TB" spam that is the current encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 52
02-05-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's from this:
You're trying real hard to be the shepard.
Lt. Commander
# 53
02-05-2011, 02:23 PM
They are doing a good job, mostly, right now. As long as more keeps coming I am happy.

But the episodes are good, they bring unique content and that will eventually be reflected in foundry. One day it may be reflected in PvP who knows.

The new episodes map would be an amazing shuttle only pvp. It would make shuttles a big deal in the game. Some unique rewards and dailies. Nice, but I know they don't care much about PvP, I'm in the minority

Cryptic hire me let me work on PvP, first step would be to make that black hole portal thing beside ESD suck players into random PvP matches, even 1 v 1's ye man I would have you all fighting for your lifes suckers
Lt. Commander
# 54
02-05-2011, 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
Correct - we have a set headcount that increases slowly as our operating budget increases which is based on income and revenue. So yes, as the game has grown, so has the team, but we can't magically double in size because we wouldn't be able to pay salaries on a month to month basis. We have to operate withing our cash operating budget.

As others have pointed out, we have slowly focused the team on as many content devs as possible and have also created the Foundry which will help as well. We understand players want tons more content, and we'll get there.

But yes - Cryptic has far less than 200 employees whereas a bioware has 800 or so (well at least according to wikipedia)
Concentrate on the foundry - we will do the rest
Lt. Commander
# 55
02-05-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
danial stahl wrote that in a recent thread.

Are you kidding me? Majority of the team working on feature episodes? So the entire team for 3 months working on 5 "1 hour" pieces of content....I can't begin to tell you how disappointed I am.

You should have the majority of the team working on features which will give the player base what they want and endless replayability. PVP end game(territory war) . Fleet starbases. Exploration. Removing sector "doors"
Interior functionality, you know? "Go down to your shuttle bay and get in your shuttle and launch from your ship?"

But instead you have nearly all of your team working on "episodes" where in the end, the only good thing about that is how many people will go WOW oh that was awesome yeah great!

You should have a couple working on episodes and the rest developing the content that will secure this game for the future. Unless you think its going to survive on 5 episodes every 3 months.
Frankly, most of the stuff you mentioned are on the fluff end of the spectrum(with the exclusion of PvP endgame), whereas the episodes are some of the best fun I've had in an MMO in ages, and the main reason I am sticking around.
Lt. Commander
# 56
02-05-2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
I said majority of our "budget". And thanks for the unending sarcasm. We have an extremely small team and we do have people working on many different things - but the majority of SFX, Audio, Art, Concept, Icons ets is spent on feature episodes. not everyone is working on the feature episodes.

Check the engineering report next time and see everything that is in the works before casting your anger around.
I think that you guys should focus much more on large updates in long term, and then having more frequent medium updates that include things like new models, clothing, weapons, and areas. If you decreased the frequent really small updates (the Episodes in this case) and compacted those missions into larger updates, the community would respond better.

TL;DR, I would like less frequent small updates and more frequent medium scale updates.
Lt. Commander
# 57
02-06-2011, 03:02 AM
as for my sarcasm, you never get a response around here unless

#1) Your a fanboy
#2) you rave with sarcasm.

but thanks for your reply, ive noted that pvp territory, and exploration are in future design drawing board, as in not being designed yet on the engineering report.
Lt. Commander
# 58
02-06-2011, 03:49 AM
I like STO, I realy, really do.
It has its ups and downs, but its the only ''space game'' out there that truly satisfies the captain in me.
And by the way, feature episodes can take quite longer than just 1 hour, IMO - if you dont just rush through them and try to enjoy the content instead.
Still, i do wish (ofcourse) that STO had a larger (paying) playerbase that would increase the dev team budget so that we could have a larger development team and thus moar content moar quickly.
Lt. Commander
# 59
02-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Correct - we have a set headcount that increases slowly as our operating budget increases which is based on income and revenue. So yes, as the game has grown, so has the team, but we can't magically double in size because we wouldn't be able to pay salaries on a month to month basis. We have to operate withing our cash operating budget.

As others have pointed out, we have slowly focused the team on as many content devs as possible and have also created the Foundry which will help as well. We understand players want tons more content, and we'll get there.

But yes - Cryptic has far less than 200 employees whereas a bioware has 800 or so (well at least according to wikipedia)
dan, one thing i want to know is does the c-store purchases go towards your crew, or does that get pocketed by the suites. i mean, you say time and time again that the c-store personel are seperate from youru devs (which i find hard to believe lol). if that is the case, one could guess that the money you guys suck out of our wallets does not go back into the game.

it sounds to me like u only get funds from the monthly subscripts. is this the case, or am i way off lol...
just something i have always wondered.
Lt. Commander
# 60
02-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Quote:
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Interns! Almost as many hours and skills for a half or even a quarter of the price!