Lt. Commander
I don't think anyone can disagree with this.

The worst thing to ever happen to Fleet Actions is Level banding.
Fleet Actions in the early days were lively places, and it was great fun seeing and experiencing people of all levels fighting together for a common goal.

But now?

Fleet Actions are graveyards a lot of the time, and have been ever since the level banding was imposed.
It used to be that one could log on "any time" of the day and find a whole LOAD of people and multiple instances doing many of the Fleet Actions.
But now except for a few brief windows every day they are all deserted, and far too lacking in players to be able to complete them.

So in short.....

REMOVE THE LEVEL BANDING!!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I don't think anyone can disagree with this.

The worst thing to ever happen to Fleet Actions is Level banding.
Fleet Actions in the early days were lively places, and it was great fun seeing and experiencing people of all levels fighting together for a common goal.

But now?

Fleet Actions are graveyards a lot of the time, and have been ever since the level banding was imposed.
It used to be that one could log on "any time" of the day and find a whole LOAD of people and multiple instances doing many of the Fleet Actions.
But now except for a few brief windows every day they are all deserted, and far too lacking in players to be able to complete them.

So in short.....

REMOVE THE LEVEL BANDING!!!
don't forget that the banding got put in because people screamed about wanting it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2011, 11:13 AM
I understand the original intention but fleet actions are largely useless at this point. They are usually boring dead maps whenever I go to them, with the exception of Starbase 24. Although it kinda sucked when a higher level player came in and dominated a match, at least it felt like a big star trek fleet in a battle instead of 3 random ships. :/

The last fleet action I remember completing was The Big DIg.

That started with a only one 5 man team on the map, and after encountering problems with the pyramid section 2 or 3 left..only got the mission done by switching instances with a group that was practically done..

I want to see Fleet instances to Fleet Actions but at the same time that will only kill off more potential members of "normal" fleet action groups. I don't think that the level banding helps anyone anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2011, 11:23 AM
Yes, there were a few screaming they couldn't get loot. They probably all quit too. The fleet actions use to be fun and have people in them.

Then after the banding it was hard to get enough to do them. At some times of the day it was impossible.

I think they should scale the mobs to the players level. Remove the item rewards and offer badges as rewards and XP and skill points. This could be another place players could earn skill points for respects name changes things like that.

You would get the badge rewards for you tier and skill points based on the amount you contributed to the success of the fleet action. So if you did nothing you get nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2011, 11:45 AM
Or they could put something in like the Teams now have.

A function that forces all higher level players to scale down and match level with the Fleet Action.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Exactly! The problem with lower levels unable to "score first place" because of higher level players in the instance needed to be addressed. However level banding only killed off the fleet actions.

Hopefully they can come up with something that allows players of all levels to work together in the fleet actions while still have a chance for some kind of reward. I think fleet actions need more love than just having a queue for them.