Lt. Commander
How to access the missions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
If playing Federation:
  • Speak to Admiral T'Nae at Starbase 39 in the Sierra System of the Alpha Centauri Sector Block (this step can be done remotely)
  • Speak to LtCmdr. De Soto in her office (requires that you visit the station)
  • Equip a shuttle: Type-8, Runabout, or Delta will do
  • Fly to the Vault in the Haakona System in the Psi Velorum Sector Block
Quote:

If playing as a Klingon:
  • Speak to Temek at Qo'nos in the Omega Leonis Sector Block (this step can be done remotely)
  • Speak to Vishka in his office, in wing attached to the Great Hall Chamber (requires that you visit Qo'nos)
  • Purchase then equip a shuttle from ship requisitions: Toron shuttle
  • Fly to the Vault in the Haakona System in the Psi Velorum Sector Block
Important Step!
  • Make the mission your primary mission from the Journal ("J")
  • Look at the objectives window in-game.
  • Highlighted title of mission will have objective to talk to De Soto or Vishka

*spoilers ahead*

The Good:
  • Lots of VO work: form T"nae to the Reman Leader
  • Huge zones: very V'Ger-esque
  • Tons of optional objectives
  • Shuttles!
  • Accolades!
  • Career objectives (which also make sense in the context of the mission)
  • Scorpion Fighter as a reward!
The Bad:
  • Map Crash upon leaving Vault - map transfer error.
  • Unable to complete mission due to said error.
  • T'nae's dialogue doesn't indicate the second objective (which displays if you set the mission as your primary)

Quote:
Screens:
Featured Series 3, Episode 1: The Vault 1, 2, 3, 4
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 12:41 PM
yup it keeled over as i was doing the escape
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Im not far as the loadingscreen for the mission...........
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2011, 12:42 PM
i had the same issue
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2011, 12:43 PM
It wont even let me in to start it ffs , well i got in now but its stuck at loading now -sigh-
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2011, 12:44 PM
i have the same issue too at the exit its just hanging on the loading screen and getting disconected
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2011, 12:45 PM
Such is life on the Interwebz.

What I played through was great. Was looking forward to trying it with my sci and tac captains. Pity about the loading/network issues.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2011, 12:45 PM
The only crash I had was after I had turned everything in... which I'm guessing was just the server dying off.

I liked the battle after leaving the vault... that was very reminiscent of the battle between the Reliant and Enterprise in ST 2. Can't wait to see more of that

I definitely like this one the best yet, though wouldn't have minded at least a little bit on the ground but that's a minor thing. Having a little of each just adds some variety to the mission.

Nice job guys!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2011, 12:51 PM
I was stuck at a loading screen as well... game crashed on me log back in, take the safe load option and still stuck at a loading screen.... so far this is a real fun episode... can't even get out of starbase 39.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2011, 12:55 PM
So what was the Second Objective? Any hidden accolades?

Good mission, all in all. Loved the dialogue with the big bad. The voiceover gave things a Mass Effect feel, and it was nice to have a conversation that wasn't just fluff-fluff-green. Diplomacy options made things sweeter.

Loved being able to grab schematics. Would have been nice to find a unique schematic in there, but that's something to think about for later.

The second set of green wibbly shield things seemed to be constantly on, so I had no choice but to plough my way through. Made the journey back out again a fun experience.

Absolutely loved the set design. Each room had it's own vibe, but still kept to the same theme.

The Scorpions seem like they could rock like a hurricane, but are single use. Rewards for replaying the mission haven't been plumbed in yet, so there's no current way of getting replacements.

However, the full screen static effect in the nebula was awful, and the only bad part of a good episode.