Lt. Commander
# 11
02-05-2011, 12:00 PM
I think we overloaded the number of calls to that particular map (and the database saying we're at such-and-such).

o.O

At least Cryptic got back a lot of subscribers - here's hoping it gets fixed.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2011, 12:05 PM
considering this is my first experience with being in-game for a Feature Episode (i've been stuck on the demo till just recently), remind me to wait two hours or more after the next episodes go live

i managed to get to Starbase 39, went to the system (forgot it's name), snuck past the tachyon detection grid (by following an asteroid, since i'm an engineer ), and managed to get inside before the entire disconnection issue. I'll tell you, the inside is just HUGE
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2011, 12:07 PM
I played this with a team. VERY laggy. I couldnt really appreciate the new visuals and voices because of the performance problems. This was very dissapointing to me. I will try it again later solo and hopefully it will be better.

From a story standpoint I didnt really get it. Again maybe parts were completed by my teamamtes and I missed something but overall this is the worst mission I have played in this game so far.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
considering this is my first experience with being in-game for a Feature Episode (i've been stuck on the demo till just recently), remind me to wait two hours or more after the next episodes go live

i managed to get to Starbase 39, went to the system (forgot it's name), snuck past the tachyon detection grid (by following an asteroid, since i'm an engineer ), and managed to get inside before the entire disconnection issue. I'll tell you, the inside is just HUGE
It's not just huge - it's f'ing huge!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I loved the mission but I was kicked from game moving to sector space at the end.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra-Sting
I played this with a team. VERY laggy. I couldnt really appreciate the new visuals and voices because of the performance problems. This was very dissapointing to me. I will try it again later solo and hopefully it will be better.

From a story standpoint I didnt really get it. Again maybe parts were completed by my teamamtes and I missed something but overall this is the worst mission I have played in this game so far.
Server issues were likely to have caused lag.

The mission itself had tons of optional objectives and, hopefully, your team waited so that everyone could complete their unique objectives while the text is read.

My overall feeling (and I haven't completed the final map) is that it's one of the stronger episodes from a gameplay standpoint and fairly high up there as a story too.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
*spoilers ahead*

The Good:
  • Lots of VO work: form T"nae to the Reman Leader
  • Huge zones: very V'Ger-esque
  • Tons of optional objectives
  • Shuttles!
  • Accolades!
  • Career objectives (which also make sense in the context of the mission)
  • Scorpion Fighter as a reward!
The Bad:
  • Map Crash upon leaving Vault - map transfer error.
  • Unable to complete mission due to said error.
  • T'nae's dialogue doesn't indicate the second objective (which displays if you set the mission as your primary)
The long loading times happened to me on escaping the vault and every loading screen after that. I gave up after trying to go to Alpha Centauri
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I'm still stuck in a loading screen after trying to exit the vault.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-05-2011, 12:12 PM
Were there accolades for completing the mission or hidden ones?

*Cough* Spoil the hidden ones for me *cough*
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-05-2011, 12:12 PM
i cant make an honest opinion on it until i can complete it and unless the cryptic team has an estimate on how long their servers and going to lagg for, that answers that...