Lt. Commander
# 21
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricksterbro View Post
The long loading times happened to me on escaping the vault and every loading screen after that. I gave up after trying to go to Alpha Centauri
It's due to the server crashing - so many people are trying to access the same sectorblock and the same system.

Aside from the disconnects (which are caused by STO having so many people interested ATM), the mission itself is enjoyable.

I put up screen shots too. I'll link them here for those who didn't get to.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I'm still stuck in a loading screen after trying to exit the vault.
The same :-( ...
Next time cryptic please test it 10 min not only 5 min ...at work or not.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkenschwinge View Post
The same :-( ...
Next time cryptic please test it 10 min not only 5 min ...at work or not.
It's caused by so many people calling the same maps that it thrashes the databases tracking where everyone is.

In a sense, this would be hard to replicate without several tens of thousands of people accessing the same maps.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Consumable quest rewards are, however, for the major lose. I appreciate that you don't want to make Feddie carriers, but the Scorpion 'bet you wish you had a carrier' tease item is...irritating.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-05-2011, 12:18 PM
For those who can't connect to the server, whet your whistle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Update:
Featured Series 3, Episode 1: The Vault 1, 2, 3, 4
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-05-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehaven View Post
Consumable quest rewards are, however, for the major lose. I appreciate that you don't want to make Feddie carriers, but the Scorpion 'bet you wish you had a carrier' tease item is...irritating.
I don't know.. I was getting kind of tired of banking bound unique rewards.. I know a guy who has played WoW since Beta and he's told me about how many times he's had to sacrifice old bound unique items for new shinies just because he couldn't afford the bank space..

And between episode rewards, tribble test weekend rewards, and the Aegis and Borg sets, I was starting to worry I might one day have the same problem.

I'm glad to see a fun reward that won't clutter my bank space.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-05-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
I don't know.. I was getting kind of tired of banking bound unique rewards.. I know a guy who has played WoW since Beta and he's told me about how many times he's had to sacrifice old bound unique items for new shinies just because he couldn't afford the bank space..

And between episode rewards, tribble test weekend rewards, and the Aegis and Borg sets, I was starting to worry I might one day have the same problem.

I actually think having too many unique rewards is plus.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:

Also, hit up your mission replay and see what you get there.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-05-2011, 12:26 PM
when i went on mission replay there was no reward
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
It's due to the server crashing - so many people are trying to access the same sectorblock and the same system.

Aside from the disconnects (which are caused by STO having so many people interested ATM), the mission itself is enjoyable.

I put up screen shots too. I'll link them here for those who didn't get to.
I gotta agree, the Vault interior was beautiful, properly MASSIVE