Lt. Commander
# 1 Crystalline Entity Bugged?
12-23-2010, 03:45 PM
Hello, perhaps I am doing something totally wrong, but I have tried for days now and I dont have a clue.

I am trying to join friends with battling the CE, but everytime i try to join 'Enter fleet action' it warps to a map without any players in it. I only see some NPC's but thats it.

I've tried changing instance in the map itself, where i get an error 'NoPossibleMaps' but I know thats a common 'bug'. But i've tried changing instance in sector space too, but it just keeps moving me to a map with no players... !?

Then I tried fleeting with someone and teaming, no effect. Tried doing it without the official mission, failed. I am Commander 2 so that wouldnt be the problem. Am i doing something wrong here?

Perhaps a side note: When i team with someone, I've got the 'problem' that the icons of the characters whom i team with are just black... And It seems i cannot get all the information when I click on one and press 'info'... I dont know if it is related, but ...

Help please.
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Actually, you only being a commander could be the problem. Are your friends VAs? If so, they woul dbe placed in a different instance that you couldn't join
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-23-2010, 04:56 PM
This has happened to me every time ive tried the CE. Sometimes ive been in teams with all of us as the same rank..and we enter and sure enough 2 of the team get into another instance somehow. And if anyone tries to change instances they get an error stating "no possible maps".

Had 3 different teams ready the other day...I know a couple were mixed ranks though..and each team got into different instances. No one could change insances either....the whole effort broke down due to this horrid teaming problem.

This has always been a problem with the CE, and was a huge issue with most fleet battles in general. They fixed the rest but left the CE mission as it is..bugged and crappy. I dont understand why you cant get into the same map if you form a team...isnt that the purpose of forming a team? Shouldnt matching team leaders skill option make this work? I love social games that dont allow you to play together....Id love to see things like this fixed....that have been messed up for ages, rather than 20 dollar ships released to the c-store...use our money to fix this mess...price gouge us later.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahm_bomb View Post
Actually, you only being a commander could be the problem. Are your friends VAs? If so, they woul dbe placed in a different instance that you couldn't join

Nope they are definately no Vice Admirals. In fact they are just Lieutenant Commanders, Commanders, Captain at most. Just enough to be able to join this mission.

This just has to be a bug of some kind.
Another one like me just had the same problem and just quit the mission because you are impossible to destroy it all by yourself.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-24-2010, 04:44 PM
Be nice if more people spoke up here so the Devs might get on this issue. Everyone complains about this in game. They need to speak here too
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-25-2010, 05:47 PM
Post a bug report in game and the proper people will get to it when they can. The Devs that monitor these fourms, while able to affect some change in STO, are not the people who go and fix bugs. While I do agree with posting such important bugs here, I think the purpose is more to raise awareness in the player base so that people go 'Ah, I should expect this certain mission to behave incorrectly in this way'. Posting here is not the way to get it fixed. It's just simply good policy imo.
Lt. Commander
# 7
12-26-2010, 04:05 AM
You really were saved some misery by not being able to even attempt it.
Lt. Commander
Worst fleet action mission ever. PLEASE CRYPTIC, Either scrap it or fix it! Every now and then I get the urge to try it again....thinking...maybe it's fixed...but then after wasting an hour on it I'm swearing and damning the game to hell...lol.
Lt. Commander
# 9
12-28-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKatrina View Post
Post a bug report in game and the proper people will get to it when they can. The Devs that monitor these fourms, while able to affect some change in STO, are not the people who go and fix bugs. While I do agree with posting such important bugs here, I think the purpose is more to raise awareness in the player base so that people go 'Ah, I should expect this certain mission to behave incorrectly in this way'. Posting here is not the way to get it fixed. It's just simply good policy imo.
LOL, you dont think bug reports have been filed? Many many havebeen...and when that doesnt work..you start to speak up here.
Lt. Commander
# 10
12-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Nope they are definately no Vice Admirals. In fact they are just Lieutenant Commanders, Commanders, Captain at most. Just enough to be able to join this mission.

This just has to be a bug of some kind.
Another one like me just had the same problem and just quit the mission because you are impossible to destroy it all by yourself.
That's (unfortunately) your issue. there was a time when higher level players were going into the lower level Fleet Action instances, to the point that no one at the proper level for the instance can do enough damage to get on the scoreboard; SO, as a 'temporary fix to be revisited later'; they level banded the instances. What does this mean?...

Lts. can ONLY be in instances with other Lts.
Lt. Cmdrs. with other Lt.Cmdrs.
etc.

So... if your character is an LT. and the person you enter the Fleet Action with a friend who isn't (say he's a Captain); you'll both be shunted to your own instance - and the only other player that enter the instance with you will be Lt.1 to Lt.9 and for your Captain friend, the only other players that can enter his instance must be Capt.1 - Capt.9

I treally hope they get back to the Fleet Actions in General and figure out a better solution than the Level banding that's still in place.But again, if you're all different main ranks - that's why you don't all go into the same instance.