Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 321 The Complainers are right
02-05-2011, 03:43 PM
This is ridiculous to have to queue to log in. I'm a lifetimer and right now as of this post I am at 1 out of 134. This is totally unnacceptable. Anniversary was understandable with the lag that came with that but this made me hit fan. I actually went and played Doom 3 when I saw the maintenance message and then saw the queue thing and just decided to wait hoping it wasn't too long but now I am thinking about giving up. I have every reason to complain and right now going through this and nursing a cold sore doesn't make me very happy. So I hope for God's sake that this fixed fast and efficiently and that it's not screwed up and that queue is removed as early as tommorrow because I was looking forward to this new Romulan Series as they are my favorite. OK and last but not least to quote Jonathan Frakes from his audio commentary for First Contact Star Trek has never been about Starfleet or the Federation it's about the characters you know the people. So if I'm not important and the maintenance and the queue is just a subroutine or something then forget about me and the rest of mankind you know we don't have to exist as a species. I have stayed with this game since I got it last year and haven't uninstalled it since then from my PC and it's one of the games I play often on my PC these days so I am not enjoying the time when it goes down. So thanks for the hard work and the stuff that's been added to it but please don't keep this queue and things like it up in there too long. I don't want to cancel my subscription.
Lt. Commander
# 322
02-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Just credit me some money for interruption of service. That is all I ask dstal.
Lt. Commander
# 323
02-05-2011, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderJackson900
mostly unpunctuated rage
You can cancel lifetimes? O.o

Besides, Cryptic is composed of gods and goddesses, they can't ****ing push a magic button and instantly fix the entire game in one go. A large amount of people logged in to get free stuff and play the new episode, and that causes stress on the server, and stress=lag. This **** takes time to fix. If you can't get that through your skull, then go ahead and leave. Nothing's stopping you.
Lt. Commander
# 324
02-05-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Rargh!
Too angry to use paragraphs or make it readable?
Lt. Commander
# 325
02-05-2011, 03:49 PM
guys you need to be fast I tried it. There is a bug in picking the loot drop individually but if you click take all your get everything you want. So take it all and sort it out later.
Sidman
Lt. Commander
# 326 Queues
02-05-2011, 03:51 PM
I have been in 2nd place for the queue for a good 10 minutes.

What gets me?

When i got to #2, there were 300 people in the queue. Now there are 237.

where did those 63 people go? its possible that they just gave up. I think they're cutting in line
Lt. Commander
# 327
02-05-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
This is ridiculous to have to queue to log in. I'm a lifetimer and right now as of this post I am at 1 out of 134. This is totally unnacceptable. Anniversary was understandable with the lag that came with that but this made me hit fan. I actually went and played Doom 3 when I saw the maintenance message and then saw the queue thing and just decided to wait hoping it wasn't too long but now I am thinking about giving up. I have every reason to complain and right now going through this and nursing a cold sore doesn't make me very happy. So I hope for God's sake that this fixed fast and efficiently and that it's not screwed up and that queue is removed as early as tommorrow because I was looking forward to this new Romulan Series as they are my favorite. OK and last but not least to quote Jonathan Frakes from his audio commentary for First Contact Star Trek has never been about Starfleet or the Federation it's about the characters you know the people. So if I'm not important and the maintenance and the queue is just a subroutine or something then forget about me and the rest of mankind you know we don't have to exist as a species. I have stayed with this game since I got it last year and haven't uninstalled it since then from my PC and it's one of the games I play often on my PC these days so I am not enjoying the time when it goes down. So thanks for the hard work and the stuff that's been added to it but please don't keep this queue and things like it up in there too long. I don't want to cancel my subscription.
I thought lifetime members had no queues? Also you aren't showing yourself on the forum as a career officer.
Lt. Commander
# 328
Soooo not paying a monthly subscription to sit in a log in queue.
Lt. Commander
# 329
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChexGuy331 View Post
You can cancel lifetimes? O.o
You tell me man because I have no idea which is why this situation makes me even angrier because I remember upgrading my original subscription immediately after buying the game a year ago which is why this queue makes me angry for that reason. I payed $228 for my lifetime subscription. I have enjoyed the game since I started playing it but not problems. I am the type of person who doesn't listen to my Buddhist parents when they say suffer what there is to suffer and enjoy what there is to enjoy. I will let my character suffer and get killed by Klingons. Me? No thank you I have had enough suffering already and so has mankind we've had enough problems what we need is a "Captain's Holiday." and right now I'm at 1 out of 129. When is this crap going to stop Cryptic? When? if this queue doesn't log me in in the next 30 minutes to an 1 hour i am going to cancel and play Doom 3. This isn't funny at all.
Lt. Commander
# 330
02-05-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't post on this forum at all in fact the reason is because I spend most of my time associated with this game actually playing it. So yeah. I don't know if lifetimers get queues or not but I know that right now this second I have one and I am a lifetimer some of my characters have the lifetime combadge to prove it. I will play doom 3 in one hour if queue doesn't budge because this is stupid.
Closed Thread