Lt. Commander
# 31
02-09-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffianseven
Did anyone else bother picking up the research data schematics. I have 3 of them (beam array, torpedo and one other I can't recall. They are gold. I just put them in my bank for each of my characters. Are they going to be of any use in the future?
I found 3 Dual Cannon and 1 single Cannon schematics. I only saw them with one Captain, so I thought they were a reward for the Diplomacy. I am actually worried that I somehow missed them with my other Captains.

As for the Codes, there are three codes that can be found by locating objects in the room, and you click on them when they change color, to indicate the cycling code contains that number. There is also the refugees, which you can give the supplies to. Their code will open the doors at any time, they don't need to match. (The cycling codes have to be used at the right time or you lose them. So basically you get three chances, and then a fourth one that can't fail. Nice design, there)

I'm guessing the previous post that didn't have to buy the Commodities, they were already in your Bank. They're just the standard Commodities you give in the Aid the Planet missions, or which can be found in loot.
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-09-2011, 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayyde
I found 3 Dual Cannon and 1 single Cannon schematics. I only saw them with one Captain, so I thought they were a reward for the Diplomacy. I am actually worried that I somehow missed them with my other Captains.

As for the Codes, there are three codes that can be found by locating objects in the room, and you click on them when they change color, to indicate the cycling code contains that number. There is also the refugees, which you can give the supplies to. Their code will open the doors at any time, they don't need to match. (The cycling codes have to be used at the right time or you lose them. So basically you get three chances, and then a fourth one that can't fail. Nice design, there)

I'm guessing the previous post that didn't have to buy the Commodities, they were already in your Bank. They're just the standard Commodities you give in the Aid the Planet missions, or which can be found in loot.
Just did it with my Cmdr rank Tact officer who has essentially no Diplomatic rank and saw the schematics, so I do not think it has anything to do with Diplomacy.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
its the same way you went in just follow the path on the minimap. aim for the big doors (they are closed again and will either open as you get near or you need to shot the lock)
I wish it was that simple. This mission is bugged. I fell through walls 2x, and the doors at the end don't open!

The mission status reads "Leave the Vault" but it won't let me... wasted a lot of time while using my skill bonus buff :-(

Oberon
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-10-2011, 05:25 AM
I can vouch for that, having already completed the mission, I had him share it and I jumped in there and sure enough, he was stuck inside, it wouldn't let him out the last door.
Lt. Commander
# 35 Klink Problem
02-11-2011, 04:34 PM
OK... So I just started a new Klink char and am trying to get to the sector where this episode starts and I cant go through fed space to get there. Is there a secret klink way to get to rom space?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kresteel
OK... So I just started a new Klink char and am trying to get to the sector where this episode starts and I cant go through fed space to get there. Is there a secret klink way to get to rom space?
Not too secret... From Quonos, go north through Pi Canis to Psi Vel.
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-11-2011, 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
Not too secret... From Quonos, go north through Pi Canis to Psi Vel.
And do the secret targ dance while you are at it
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nexdea View Post
And do the secret targ dance while you are at it
SSSSHHHHH, damn it!
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goraq View Post
Agreed, Very strange that they give you a diplomacy option but it goes nowhere.
Because...while Obisek is fine chatting with you, and he can "respect" you, you are still a loose end to him, and he wants you dead...you're just making polite chit-chat with him until your demise.
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-12-2011, 06:18 AM
I ONLY got the schematics using the Diplomacy options, but then nothing attacked me and the door wouldn't open?

I then had to be rude to him to get him to attack me with fighters so the door would open?

All my other attempts without diplomacy produced no scanable platforms.