Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Does it leave my power tray all jumbled up? I really hate that my power tray has to be totally re-arranged again. I thought I was smart putting a list of my powers and thier tray assignments in my Captain's Log/Journal...but it turns out it does not save edits/modifications after the first entry apparently.

This power slot thing is such a turn off...it shouldnt require such work before hand to do one mission...it shouldnt be such a hassle moving from one ship to another. When can we get a save/default lay out function for each ship?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 05:49 PM
Usually I find my power tray stays the same when I return to a ship, as long as the same officers are assigned. I've neevr found it a problem.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddoxx View Post
Usually I find my power tray stays the same when I return to a ship, as long as the same officers are assigned. I've neevr found it a problem.
You know, I remember that too, but recently it hasnt gone that way. Maybe i'll give it a shot again...just the thought of having to re-do my power tray again led me to just lof off in disgust.

Does it matter wither I have the power tray "Locked" or not?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2011, 06:19 PM
I just went from my shuttle to my ship, put the same officers back, and my power tray went back to normal

I don't think locked or unlocked matters.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Mine swapped back fine after the mission.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-05-2011, 06:24 PM
We believe that this bug was fixed a while ago. There are still some random reports of it happening, but only if switching back and forth between ships that you haven't recently map transfered with. (i.e. you purchase a ship, configure it, don't leave spacedock, switch ships back and forth, it might not remember the config until you actually take it for a spin).
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
We believe that this bug was fixed a while ago. There are still some random reports of it happening, but only if switching back and forth between ships that you haven't recently map transfered with. (i.e. you purchase a ship, configure it, don't leave spacedock, switch ships back and forth, it might not remember the config until you actually take it for a spin).
Rgr that, this may have been my problem...I had recebtly acquired a Vor'cha re-fit. In the process of getting it and swapping gear in and out, it threw my Neg'vat power tray for a loop. Since I've gotten situtated in the Vor'cha re-fit, I have been too "traumatized" to try swapping in and out of anything else.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I just went from my shuttle to my ship, put the same officers back, and my power tray went back to normal

I don't think locked or unlocked matters.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Mine swapped back fine after the mission.
Yep, same here. After I went from my Delta shuttle back to my Intrepid retrofit (and put my officers back in their stations), my power bar was exactly as it was before I switched ships.

I was worried that it would be at least somewhat jumbled, because I moved my captain's powers (like evasive maneuvers, photonic fleet, brace for impact, quantum slipstream, etc) around while in the Delta shuttle, since I only had 2 officer powers to worry about in the shuttle. However, I was pleasantly surprised when I changed back to my Intrepid, and everything was in it's proper place again.

(Now that this particular annoying part of the game has seemingly been fixed, I think the last 'nit-picky' problem I have with STO is the 'log this character out' button sending you to the account log-in page, instead of the character page. I could understand the reasoning behind making me log my account back in if multiple accounts were normal for the majority of people (like I used to have in Eve), but I really wish it would send us back to the character select screen. If I want to log out of the game completely, I'll use the 'Exit' button; that's what it's there for, isn't it?)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Thank you for fixing this bug. I've mysteriously had my abilities jumbled without changing my ship in the past (last week in fact).

After today's episode everything was in its proper place after re-seating my BO's.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-05-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
(Now that this particular annoying part of the game has seemingly been fixed, I think the last 'nit-picky' problem I have with STO is the 'log this character out' button sending you to the account log-in page, instead of the character page. I could understand the reasoning behind making me log my account back in if multiple accounts were normal for the majority of people (like I used to have in Eve), but I really wish it would send us back to the character select screen. If I want to log out of the game completely, I'll use the 'Exit' button; that's what it's there for, isn't it?)
"It's for security purposes" has been the main talking point. But after looking at the queue today I'm starting to wonder if there are reasons beyond that. Some people sat in line for a while with one character but were able to log in with another character without issues. I'm wondering if it has to do with where your character data is stored.