Lt. Commander
# 41
02-05-2011, 06:05 PM
I just completed it in the basic shuttle (for kicks).

Had no problems, just remember to manage energy levels depending on the encounter.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-05-2011, 06:21 PM
Had no problems with the free basic shuttle that was given. Finished the mission in 20 minutes on above normal.

not a bad mission had nice voice overs.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-05-2011, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
But even your BOff says, "This would be easier with a runabout or Delta Flyer."
Obvious Product Placement is Obvious.

i had no problem completing the mission on Advanced and taking down the Bird of Prey in the Type 8 shuttle with default phaser+photon while skilled for tetryon+quantum

i only added a Mk X Cap x 3 shield and ...oh i'm an engineer with Mirracle Worker 3.... probably not so easy for others who can't heal at all...?
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-05-2011, 09:52 PM
I stand by my original statement. I just ran through it with a runabout and it was a lot easier. That one BOff make a huge difference.

Edit: Since we are likely to need our shuttles again, I went ahead and put a MK XI Antiproton Turret on my shuttle. That should lighten up my load a little bit.

And I saw no issues with load screens. Getting into and out of the vault may have taken about 8 seconds longer than normal but it otherwise gave me no issues.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-05-2011, 09:58 PM
The big mogi ship was very easy to kill I don't see how it was even a challenge, 4 oh us me in a delta, 2 runabouts, and a type 8 killed in within 2 minutes.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finch View Post
The big mogi ship was very easy to kill I don't see how it was even a challenge, 4 oh us me in a delta, 2 runabouts, and a type 8 killed in within 2 minutes.
Try it without 4 of you and only one in a type 8 shuttle.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-05-2011, 10:12 PM
I beat it one on one, but then again...

I put it in Tractor, AP;A, FOMM'd it and then pummeled it.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
To be fair - we fully tested the mission in the Type-8/Toron shuttles with default gear and no consoles and were able to complete the mission by going slow and being cautious not to agro too many things at once. In all cases - it is highly advised to avoid the Mogai in ANY kind of shuttle... it is much more powerful than you.
Ya know what might be fun? In a future mission, being given command of a fighter squadron in a tight spot (say, in a future mission, you run into trouble, and you remember those Scorpions you got from the Vault are still in your hangar), and you command a fighter squadron against a larger ship, say a Scimitar-class, and your ship, and you commanding a fighter squadron, take it out.

Or better yet, controlling a fighter squadron as the Federation lays waste to a station, say, to stop the Remans from getting contraband weapons from it, and you and your squad are tasked with taking out station defenses, whilst avoiding station squadrons and point-defenses.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-05-2011, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
To be fair - we fully tested the mission in the Type-8/Toron shuttles with default gear and no consoles and were able to complete the mission by going slow and being cautious not to agro too many things at once. In all cases - it is highly advised to avoid the Mogai in ANY kind of shuttle... it is much more powerful than you.
This is what i did, worked well for me.
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
I was kinda hoping that some fleet out there would do this.
My fleet ran a 5 man team on this mission, boy did the captain of the Mogai get a severe embarrasement...