Lt. Commander
How do they work, exactly? Where do you get them?

Do you launch them from you ship and have them work as pets (a la fighters from a carrier) or do you have to jump in them and fly them yourself like a little ship?

Answers are appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 04:07 PM
accept the mission and then go to the relevant contact. lets say feds. you go to starbase 39 in sirrria system. talk to the contact in the admirals office, then go to the shipyard at the far side and talk to the shuttle contact. you get a free shuttle and then can do the mission.

a runabout can also be bought from ESD or DS9 in the shipyards for credits, or the delta flyer form the c-store.

the shuttle works as a normal ship. unfortunately you have to equip it like normal. i believe they plan to change it in the future but for the time being it acts like a normal ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2011, 06:13 PM
Not sure what you mean by "Accept the Mission." Accept what mission?
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-05-2011, 06:22 PM
I think he thought you were asking a different question about the new weekly series episode.

Shuttles: two types

Pets: Tribble, C-Store, or Pre-order rewards

Actual Shuttles: Such as the Type 8, Runabout, and Delta Flyer for feds: you can pilot these and each has its own bonus and or drawback.

Danube Class Runabout is purchasable with Energy Credits at a shuttle vendor from ESD, SB 39, and DS9 as far as I know.
Type 8 you get free for the new Weekly Episode (the aforementioned mission). If you decommission it after that, it's purchasable for Credits at a shuttle vendor.
Delta Flyer is available from the C-Store and eventually through crafting.

Bottom line: the last 3 above you can currently fly ingame
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Owen.Montgomery View Post
How do they work, exactly? Where do you get them?

Do you launch them from you ship and have them work as pets (a la fighters from a carrier) or do you have to jump in them and fly them yourself like a little ship?

Answers are appreciated.
Shuttles act like regular ships. You get them from shuttle requisitions officers at ESD, Starbse 39, or DS9. At those locations you can only purchase a Danube Runabout or a Type 8 shuttle. You can get the Type 8 shuttle for free if you start the newly released "The Vault" mission.

There is also a Delta Flyer. This can be purchased from the C-Store OR crafted in the game. The ability to craft the Delta Flyer hasn't been released yet and won't be for about another 2-5 weeks from now.

You don't launch them from your ship, instead you have to change your default ship at one of the stations (the way you do any other ship). There are also ship pets. For example, the Delta Flyer comes with a Delta Flyer pet. However the pets don't assist you in battle, they just disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 04:36 PM
How do you equip the delta as a pet? I can't seem to add if.

I do have the delta flyer.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral_of_the_fleet
How do you equip the delta as a pet? I can't seem to add if.

I do have the delta flyer.
Remove it from the device slot of the delta and add it to your inv. Then just right click it, the menu will have the option to use it. All pets can be used from inv this way.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Can shuttles land on planets, maybe ones that have atmospheric disturbances that prevent the use of transporters?

I don't understand their significance if they are just weaker versions of normal starships.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2011, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiyama10
Can shuttles land on planets, maybe ones that have atmospheric disturbances that prevent the use of transporters?

I don't understand their significance if they are just weaker versions of normal starships.
Right now, no. The Vault is the first mission that makes use of a shuttlecraft.

Until the shuttlebay system they've talked about is implemented, shuttle missions will have to be full-length, not just shuttle segments in normal missions, because you're right: They do basically work as mini starships right now.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2011, 06:17 AM
Quick question and maybe this isn't the place to ask, but with the Vault do you fly the shuttle from Star Base 39 or do you have it as a pet when you get out side the system then deploy it. Hope that makes sences.

Thanks,