Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
"It's for security purposes" has been the main talking point. But after looking at the queue today I'm starting to wonder if there are reasons beyond that. Some people sat in line for a while with one character but were able to log in with another character without issues. I'm wondering if it has to do with where your character data is stored.
Yeah, I've never bought the whole "security purposes" reason for that, to be honest. Before I started playing STO, I played Eve for about 3 years, and I liked that I could log one character of (one of) my accounts, and then log another character on the same account without having to log the account back in (when I played D&D Online, it was the same way). If they're not going to change STO to something like that, I think they should at least change the 'Log Out' button to 'Log this Account out' instead of 'Log this Character out.'

I honestly don't see how it's any less secure to do it the way Eve & DDO do, but, meh, like I said, it's my last 'nit-picky' point with the game.

Oh, to get back on topic (sorry folks! lol), I'd like to say thanks to dstahl and the team for getting the power tray to behave itself when we change ships. I used to hate changing ships mainly for the fact that I would have to redo my tray every time.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-05-2011, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaNine
Doesn't affect the power trays.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-05-2011, 06:49 PM
I am finding the power tray bug to be very frustrating.

Can't we...

a) save settings to load onto other ships?

b) fix this recurring problem of powers being added/deleted constantly, sometimes even when you don't change ships?
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-05-2011, 08:28 PM
I found that my power bar was wiped after I had discharged some old ships.

I didn't even switch ships, only get rid of some of my old ones that I had used along the way to the top...

Just another symptom to add to the bug file.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2011, 12:05 AM
it remembered...thank Kahless
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2011, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Does it leave my power tray all jumbled up? I really hate that my power tray has to be totally re-arranged again. I thought I was smart putting a list of my powers and thier tray assignments in my Captain's Log/Journal...but it turns out it does not save edits/modifications after the first entry apparently.

This power slot thing is such a turn off...it shouldnt require such work before hand to do one mission...it shouldnt be such a hassle moving from one ship to another. When can we get a save/default lay out function for each ship?
Speaking of powerbars and sorry to be off topic, can we get a 4th? as an option
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Yeah, I've never bought the whole "security purposes" reason for that, to be honest. Before I started playing STO, I played Eve for about 3 years, and I liked that I could log one character of (one of) my accounts, and then log another character on the same account without having to log the account back in (when I played D&D Online, it was the same way). If they're not going to change STO to something like that, I think they should at least change the 'Log Out' button to 'Log this Account out' instead of 'Log this Character out.'

I honestly don't see how it's any less secure to do it the way Eve & DDO do, but, meh, like I said, it's my last 'nit-picky' point with the game.
I think the security purpose here is that if you leave your PC, a colleague or housemate cannot log into one of your other toons when the game ejects you after 15 minutes. It avoids the whole "my little brother sold my super-strong rifle for 1 credit" or "my cranky boss deleted my maxed-out klingon girl because I didn't get him coffee today" arguments, which are often hard to provide evidence for to a GM.

As for my powerbar, it mixed up yesterday for me, and again when I switched back to my main ship.