Lt. Commander
# 1 ground combat
02-07-2011, 04:07 AM
are there any tips on ground combat ,, ?
ie im at a space station getting hammered by the klingons, im so not used to this mouse and
keyboard movements, and trying to fire at the same time.. what can i do to get thru this??

help please?
milo
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2011, 04:28 AM
Re-play the tutorial about ground combat, srsly it helps a lot.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2011, 05:02 AM
i just find using a keyboard and mouse difficult.. like this... hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi, you will get used to it. You may want to just use a keyboard for all ground movements, that is if you have a number pad to the right of your keyboard. All your weapons and skill controls can be used by pressing numbers on your number pad...no need for a mouse.

Left fingers on movement keys and right hand on number pad for skills and firing.

Press Tab to target different objects/enemies and your 1 and 2 buttons to fire.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2011, 06:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 521Jim
Hi, you will get used to it. You may want to just use a keyboard for all ground movements, that is if you have a number pad to the right of your keyboard. All your weapons and skill controls can be used by pressing numbers on your number pad...no need for a mouse.

Left fingers on movement keys and right hand on number pad for skills and firing.

Press Tab to target different objects/enemies and your 1 and 2 buttons to fire.

thanks for that, I have my movements on the number keypad, but what do i need need to change to make
to use the tab key as a fire button??

milo
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2011, 10:27 PM
also whats it mean in the controller sett up joystics and xbox gamepads on/ off?
thanks

also any way of calling for help, ? im on starbas 24 and getting nailed all the time, any ideas??
also are there any grenades in this game? for us i see kling ons use something.. but what about humans??
milo
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2011, 01:27 AM
It is not your skills. Klingon Swordmasters are bugged as hell in a very wrong way.
Also SB24 is a fleet action, meaning you are ment to do it with more players. The number of enemies and respawn times are set as such. So you have to be really good at ground combat and armed to the teeth to beat it alone on low level. Throw in the bugged klingons and you are in for an impossible fight.
Others know that so very few people do SB24 ground. This means it is unlikely that you find other players there by chance. So either forget about it, or find others who are willing to do that mission with you.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2011, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pendra37 View Post
It is not your skills. Klingon Swordmasters are bugged as hell in a very wrong way.
Also SB24 is a fleet action, meaning you are ment to do it with more players. The number of enemies and respawn times are set as such. So you have to be really good at ground combat and armed to the teeth to beat it alone on low level. Throw in the bugged klingons and you are in for an impossible fight.
Others know that so very few people do SB24 ground. This means it is unlikely that you find other players there by chance. So either forget about it, or find others who are willing to do that mission with you.
Actually I do SB24 as early as possible on all my toons. The key is Boff skills. I like having a few engineers with chronometric mines so I can drag the swordmasters and targs over them.

As for grenades, that depends on your kits and class. If you are a tactical officer, you can get grenade kits. Others have to rely on their tactical Boffs.

And yeah, the swordmasters and officer klingons are way too tough.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi again, you can call for help by requesting help in zone chat while you are in sector space. If you are part of a fleet, ask a fleetmate to help. I may have not been clear, but using the tab key is to switch targets, by default.

Use your number keys to fire weapons and to use your skills. Use your a and d keys to move L and R, w and s keys to move forward and back.

If you want more help, look me up in game and send me a PM. Or get in with a fleet. Fleets are designed to help out new players.

Have fun
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2011, 11:43 PM
thanks guys, any one know how to turn off the Utility tray on screen please?