Lt. Commander
# 1 Playable Race: Cardassians
02-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Now I know you can make a Cardassian by creating an 'alien' but I think it'd be neat if the c-store released a cardassian playable race. For the federation it'd be do able because many cardassians lived along the DMZ and their colonies went to the federation thus they had the option to become federation citizens. Just an idea that I'd love to see happen
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-05-2011, 10:18 PM
Here Here!!!
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-05-2011, 10:42 PM
I know a few people who support this idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2011, 02:06 AM
Would love this!

/signed
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 03:47 AM
I sincerely doubt we will get a Cardassian playable race.

For one very simple reason:

It's an upcoming faction.

If you want to make a real Cardassian, you'll have to wait for that faction to go live.
ETA, 1 year, maybe more.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavin_Prime View Post
Now I know you can make a Cardassian by creating an 'alien' but I think it'd be neat if the c-store released a cardassian playable race. For the federation it'd be do able because many cardassians lived along the DMZ and their colonies went to the federation thus they had the option to become federation citizens. Just an idea that I'd love to see happen
I say awesome. I wondered why not add Odo's race as well. Do you think they plan to add the Changelings? Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, Changelings, this Star Trek universe is beginning to come together. Everyone keep up the good posts you're doing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post

If you want to make a real Cardassian, you'll have to wait for that faction to go live.
ETA, 1 year, maybe more.
Well there are playable Klingons on the Federation side and there is also a Klingon faction that is at war with the Federation. From what I can tall there is no war between the Federation and Cardassia the conflict is with the True Way. So is the Cardassian faction going to be based at Cardassia Prime or is it going to be the hostile True Way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemonrebel
I say awesome. I wondered why not add Odo's race as well. Do you think they plan to add the Changelings? Romulans, Klingons, Cardassians, Changelings, this Star Trek universe is beginning to come together. Everyone keep up the good posts you're doing.
I do not know if adding a changeling would be going too far as possible for them to want to do. However, I think that could be a very fun race to play.
  • They could change into multiple Alien races to sneak past them instead of fight.
  • Change into one of the new animals they have created and attack enemies.
The Q was changing players into all sorts of things for the anniversary, so they can change players from one form to another. Players would be able to change into a Horta!
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhaw View Post
Well there are playable Klingons on the Federation side and there is also a Klingon faction that is at war with the Federation. From what I can tall there is no war between the Federation and Cardassia the conflict is with the True Way. So is the Cardassian faction going to be based at Cardassia Prime or is it going to be the hostile True Way?

I do not know if adding a changeling would be going too far as possible for them to want to do. However, I think that could be a very fun race to play.
  • They could change into multiple Alien races to sneak past them instead of fight.
  • Change into one of the new animals they have created and attack enemies.
The Q was changing players into all sorts of things for the anniversary, so they can change players from one form to another. Players would be able to change into a Horta!
I thought more about the race, and I think the characteristics of it, could easily be similar to that of an Everquest Enchanter. That class can change to any race in the game, and many things that no one can.

With the concept based on that, as you advance your skills, you would increase the things you can change into. Maybe even a Targ. LOL

I think it would be something of a rogue type, where stealth or illusion is necessary to survive. Definitely not a tank type. But, just like a tact can spend points in engineering or science officer skills, it can work both ways. How this skill system is setup, things are very easy to role-play. Play the toon how you want to play it. I like this skill system, more than other games.
Lt. Commander
# 9 Playable Races
02-06-2011, 01:25 PM
Well, it's possible they may make a playable Federation Cardassian.
But I suspect they won't actually provide that option until the Cardassian Faction goes live and they've worked out how a Cardassian character should function.

Well, they could go two ways with the Cardassian Faction.

1: Allied with the Federation.
2: True Way (hostile to the Federation).

The latter possibility is the most likely one, since it seems to be a "standard" to set factions against each other in this game.

Personally, I'd prefer to see the first option, to see what possibilities an "ally faction" opens up.

But a True Way faction would be interesting as well.
I'd like to have a Jem'Hadar character flying Dominion vessels.

As for Changelings, well, they're not that different from a normal playable character.
They have a special tentacle ranged attack (their arm morphs), but that's about it.
They don't shapeshift or anything.
So, that would probably carry over into a playable version.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2011, 09:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilarta View Post

ETA, 1 year, maybe more.
If the polls are anything to go by the Romulans will be the next faction. If they add any more factions after that then it will just get silly.

Im a huge fan of Cardassians and id love them to have their own faction but frankly 3 factions is enough for an MMO before you start spreading the population too thinly.

Personally I think all races should be available for whatever faction makes sense. Cardassians make sense for Federation (most races do), Orions for Federation etc, etc.

Just because my government have decided to align with another doesn't mean I automatically become a fanatic for the alliance. I may perhaps want to join the opposing force for example. It isn't uncommon both in RL and in ST.