Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2011, 04:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OttoVonCat View Post
I believe the OP can get a warning for spamming? Only need one post so maybe delete one of threads.

proof of this would be needed. The basic who, what, where, and how would need to be filled in. Saying someone is Intentionally exploiting something without any proof is hard to enforce.
Well, I find it suspicious if I only get 1 Mark I item and the other day I get 3 items. I suppose that some people really DO exploit that system....
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2011, 04:33 AM
This exploit is why my Lt. Cmdr. 2 Fed toon got a very rare mk X engineer fabrication kit? I sold it on the Exchange for a million EC. How do they fix the Q quest if its busted?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2011, 04:34 AM
I try to do what the OP said with an alt and unable to repeat what he has said would happen. Also seen no one complaining about the loot in chat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion2206 View Post
Well, I find it suspicious if I only get 1 Mark I item and the other day I get 3 items. I suppose that some people really DO exploit that system....
how you know its not just random? we don't know what they used for the math and loops when they programmed this area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan0010 View Post
The proof lies in the chat window.
Where many players are complaining about this.
people complain about anything and everything. and saying well just look at chat... is like the guy saying UFOs land in his backyard. yet, there is no proof. take a pic of the chat next time. since not going to have the same people on at the same time all the time.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2011, 05:59 AM
The first time I did the fountain quest, My Lt comm got 3 mark X items, but they never showed up in my inventory.

I didn't report it as I thought this was just luck of the draw, but since the items were above my level, I didn't get them.

I've done it twice since and got nothing more than tribbles and gach.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Ive got a question about the items from the daily quest from Mr. Q.
Are they random or can you get better items than someone else somehow.

As for now iam only getting exactly one item with very low value.

Mostly those are small power cells, hypos or tribbles.

As i read in the chat many players get Very rare mk 10-12 items so it seems.

Every time I click loot all i only get those low value items and the quest is over.

Exactly one time i thought i get a rare item as was stated in the loot window.
But after clicking loot all, i got only junk.

Thank you for your replies.
and

Quote:
After further reading the chat channels this seems to be an exploit done by many players.

Some of them said that if you take only one or two items from the fountain you can play again -
but another player gets the third - useless - item.
My main idea behind these post was that every player gets equally good items.

And - yes - i have seen people constantly playing in the fountain.
IF ! they end the quest they cannot play in the fountain anymore.
So what are they doing then?

Thank you for your posts.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2011, 06:14 AM
It's plain and simple. And it's not suspicion it's fact: people are creating chars, pulling gear frpom the fountain, mailing it to main chars, deleting char - rinse and repeat. Some people will exploit anything.
Lt. Commander
# 17 a 'good' way to exploit
02-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
it's fact: people are creating chars, pulling gear frpom the fountain, mailing it to main chars, deleting char - rinse and repeat.
i hope we get a quick statement from cryptic about this.

Cryptic might as well delete every fountain generated item and stop this nonsense.

For me this means not doing the exploit like others and thus giving up purple items.

But seeing things this way - it was the only possible future.

This is what federation has become - it saddens me.

Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2011, 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan0010 View Post
i hope we get a quick statement from cryptic about this.

Cryptic might as well delete every fountain generated item and stop this nonsense.

For me this means not doing the exploit like others and thus giving up purple items.

But seeing things this way - it was the only possible future.

This is what federation has become - it saddens me.

thank you STO
Lt. Commander
# 19 Tips for the Fountain
02-06-2011, 03:07 PM
If you had logged on on the day of the event and listened to the Dev's in Zone chat you would understand the fountain better.

For people who couldn't login, the Dev's said

1)

"If you don't like what you get from the fountain, cancel the dialog and try again until you get something you do"

2) This is now speculation, but there seems to be a bug where by sometimes you don't get to pickup what you see. People seem to believe this is because the fountain loot is common to "all players" and its a first come, first served deal.

I am "skeptical" of this theory because it doesn't meet the bahaviour I've encountered, but certainly there is some "shinanigans". This could be just down to Q however, who knows.

I have had long waits before picking up and got the high level loot still and had ones I've clicked right away and still lost it.

So basicly its a mystery unless some Dev has commented somewhere.

Just have Fun! Keep trying. Follow advice Number 1 and don't get too greedy and you will land something great.

Good luck!
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
It's plain and simple. And it's not suspicion it's fact: people are creating chars, pulling gear frpom the fountain, mailing it to main chars, deleting char - rinse and repeat. Some people will exploit anything.
Oh, thats a good idea tvm for sharing that

ed: Ahh someone just pointed out the floor in that theory. You would have to complete the tutorial every time. Not worth the effort.