Lt. Commander
# 21
02-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
Oh, thats a good idea tvm for sharing that

ed: Ahh someone just pointed out the floor in that theory. You would have to complete the tutorial every time. Not worth the effort.
Actually, they could make klingons over and over since they don't have to do the tutorial.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Look at the Q fountain or Klingon's Tribbles as a game. It is a game and you are competing with the person next to you.

Have you ever been in a store and they had a bargain bin? You and the person besides you sees the same item but one of you grabs it first. That is what is happening.

If you end up with things you did not see on your window, that is because the game is giving you three items since you saw three items it just so happened someone else grabbed the items you first saw.

This is an anniversary game is all it is.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Actually it's not a game or Q's sillyness.

It is a remarked upon by Devs exploit.

I hope I'm there when a GM catches some of these people.

They KNOW so be afraid.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I have no idea how to explot nor would I ever try.....

My lt commander 6 did her daily quest and received a purple mark XI quantum torp x3 crit and a mark X purple x3 cap shield to day and a tribble and a hypo.........

yesterday she got mark XI purple armor with 40% recoil bonus to severity or whatever......and some other stuff..she has yet to get anything for her level......not that i am complaining...

My 3 VA's each got 1 hypo and a common tribble.......uhhhh

edited out eh I on the mark XI shield it was a mark X
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-06-2011, 04:04 PM
Here's how the exploit works:

A player of lower rank waits in the fountain for someone to enter it.

When that person "plays" they do as well hoping that the new person is of higher rank.

They then grab the higher rank loot for themselves leaving you with their lower rank stuff.

When you see a crowd of people or even just one person standing in the pool don't go near it.

This will do more to pis them off than trying to out click them.

Unfortunately this has people not participating in what should be a fun event.

I hope the GM's give out some stiff "rewards" for this behavior.

A good indicator of those that do this is the posts in these threads defending the "fun" by excusing it as a "Game" or "Q's meddling."
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thlaylie View Post
Here's how the exploit works:

A player of lower rank waits in the fountain for someone to enter it.

When that person "plays" they do as well hoping that the new person is of higher rank.

They then grab the higher rank loot for themselves leaving you with their lower rank stuff.

When you see a crowd of people or even just one person standing in the pool don't go near it.

This will do more to pis them off than trying to out click them.

Unfortunately this has people not participating in what should be a fun event.

I hope the GM's give out some stiff "rewards" for this behavior.

A good indicator of those that do this is the posts in these threads defending the "fun" by excusing it as a "Game" or "Q's meddling."

thank you STO
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-07-2011, 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
Oh, thats a good idea tvm for sharing that

ed: Ahh someone just pointed out the floor in that theory. You would have to complete the tutorial every time. Not worth the effort.
.......Untrue.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-07-2011, 02:00 AM
Ahh...

So is this exploit and bullying the reason I've gotten Purple deflectors and engines? Could this be why I've gotten a purple tetryon rifle? Could this be also why I now have a Photonic BO?

This is just pot luck. There is no way to alter what other people get. When you initially play in the fountain and the list pops up, if you don't like what the fountain gives you then there is a way round this

1. On some instances, you can cancel the playing and wait a few seconds and play again and be offered something different

2. If this dosent work, if you change your instance and go to the fountain again you will certainly be offered something else

This farming and bullying is a myth
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-07-2011, 02:03 AM
In addition...

I've only turned to this as I don't want lower level stuff when I'm a VA. I'm not bullying or exploiting... I'm doing what's, logical
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-07-2011, 04:40 AM
Even the devs have acknowledged the exploit so it is true. Sometimes you do get what you see only because no one beat you to it. Maybe it's just me but it feels like I've noticed an increasing number of mk1 stuff which would back up claims of people rolling new toons. I've only seen the targ pop up and cub though people have claimed everything from the preorder rifle to holo bo's and tribble (though someone had to be silly and say the delta flyer).

The system was terrible idea and despite getting the targ for 2/3 fed toons that's not the point I really don't like this system of giving away random items which incldue the c store and items which are restricted so even if you've boguht it you can't get it from that toon or where it can be exploited. Giving a unique item to everyone or a class specifc choice or nothing but the party popper and skill bonus would have been fine. Maybe lessons will be learnt for next year...