Lt. Commander
# 11
03-17-2012, 02:24 PM
I am sure the argo shuttle model is/was available - if you go to star fleet academy and watch the shuttles flying towards the city I am sure I have seen the argo there amongst the other ones. I presume though that was was a low polygon model made for that background animation.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JToney3449 View Post
Shouldnt the Argo from nemesis be added as the closest thing to a 25th century shuttle?
http://www.startrek.com/database_art...go-shuttle-the

Makes sense as it was the most advanced and last shuttle in the ST line.
/signed

I'd defintely add that to my collection.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_Kent View Post
Lets compare shall we?

Warthog:
  • Fast
  • Durable
  • Inexpensive
  • Lightly Armed
  • Always getting destroyed

Argo:
  • Fast
  • Durable
  • Fairly Well Armed
  • Insanely tenacious and lucky
  • Comes with its own shuttle
  • General Lee style jumps

Conclusion? Argo wins no contest.
You forget that the Warthog deploys with a Pelican Dropship and UNSC Marines. Not to mention they have pulled off millions more General Lee style stunts than the Argo's 5 mins of screen time. Gauss cannons, rocket luanchers and miniguns are not really light armaments. Plus it looks cool, like a Puma... oh and it has a horn. Warthog wins hands down.
While the ground vehicle is a nice concept, I feel like having away teams walk everywhere is more Trek for me. Ground vehicles are more Star Warsy feeling for me.

On the Argo shuttle, I can't really argue for another shuttle. Not when there are so many other full size starships I am waiting patiently for. Not to say I would turn it down.
Lt. Commander
# 14
04-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Lt. Commander
# 15
04-27-2012, 11:37 AM
It shall come in box form...
Lt. Commander
# 16
04-27-2012, 11:50 AM
We can do without, it was just added to the movie for Patrick Stewart that enjoys off-road driving, its just a STUPID thing of a STUPID movie.
Lt. Commander
# 17
04-27-2012, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron
We can do without, it was just added to the movie for Patrick Stewart that enjoys off-road driving, its just a STUPID thing of a STUPID movie.
I thought a ground buggy made perfect sense and that Starfleet should have always had them. A planetary scouting and survey mission would need some sort of transportation. Always seemed odd that we always saw the crew walking around some new planet there is no way they could cover much ground on foot. With the large Cargo Transporters you wouldn't need to carry it in a Shuttle it could be beamed down with the away team.
Lt. Commander
# 18
04-27-2012, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUL_EVEK
I thought a ground buggy made perfect sense
Really? were do I start ...

First, we have teleporters so what need there is to any ground vehicle? Now you are going to say "but sometimes you are blocked from teleporting" and that leads to ...

Second, why the hell you need a ground vehicle when you have a VTOL craft?
That is the quite the problem because the buggy CANNOT LEAVE THE PLANET ON ITS OWN and we can see with the Shuttle ITS UTTER REDUNDANT!

The ONLY time it would be of use would be on the SLIGHT chance you could never teleport or fly there but then it begs the question, HOW IT WOULD GO DOWN THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE?

The chances it can actually BE of use would be so small it would never qualify to build not only the ground vehicle but also a DEDICATED CRAFT TO HOUSE IT.

Quote:
and that Starfleet should have always had them.
I already pointed out why it makes no sense, you might bloody well have stables on the case you cannot use the buggy either.

Quote:
A planetary scouting and survey mission would need some sort of transportation.
Teleporters.
Shuttles.

Unless you are saying they cannot WALK and then instead of a Buggy we should give them Segways ... and leave it at that before I start ranting.

Quote:
Always seemed odd that we always saw the crew walking around some new planet there is no way they could cover much ground on foot.
Why? Because 21st century just made people so ... dependent on motorized transportation they cannot walk 3 blocks down to the local Fast Food joint without having a heart attack.

Yes, I have no stamina either but at least I recognize its not about my genetic makeup but rather my lifestyle that lead me to that and I still can walk in the case I have to.

Quote:
With the large Cargo Transporters you wouldn't need to carry it in a Shuttle it could be beamed down with the away team.
Why the hell you would even do that?
The away team does not have to WALK there, it can just beam up and then back down again in the case they are too far away, in fact when did you see people being teleported so far away from their objectives they had to walk miles upon miles? The only time they had to beam not directly to the target was because of interferences and still if they had the option to use a shuttle they would use it.

The chances of a buggy would be useful would be too low to even consider making such a vehicle, could I also point out the serious flaw of having a rear facing turret with NO ABILITY to fire in ANY other direction?

Its a STUPID thing of a STUPID movie that only was put there for Patrick Stewart to play around.
Lt. Commander
# 19
04-27-2012, 04:23 PM
I'd prefer at least 1 new KDF shuttle/fighter first
Lt. Commander
# 20
04-29-2012, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
if they add the argo shuttle they would also need to add the Argo itself + a ground vehicle mission.
I want the Argo, Hoppers, and Skimmers. Walking everywhere is getting old.