Lt. Commander
# 1 Delta Flyer at Utopia Planitia
02-06-2011, 04:37 AM
As a lot of people probally know, the Delta Flyer is going to be craftable towards the end of Series 3 at Memory Alpha.

I don't know about anyone else, but i think Memory Alpha really is not the right place to craft/build/research starships.
A far more suitable location for this would be Utopia Planitia Shipyards

With that in mind, I think Cryptic should seriously consider moving the crafting location for the Delta Flyer to said location.
There already is a Klingon Episode that specificly involves a raid Utopia Planitia Shipyards, which means the map already exists.
So what Cryptic would need to do is just take that map from the mission and add a ship/shuttle crafting console with a waypoint of sorts from SOL or sector space.

Who's with me!!?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2011, 05:20 AM
i support this

for example you get all the dialy/weekly materials that the new missions drop.
When you have them all a mission pops up to fly to utopia panetia shipyards..you travel there fly around and dock ..(various ships being worked on and traffic flying about) and the amidral your talking to gives you dialouge options to talk about the flyer.
Its history etc
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2011, 05:35 AM
i believe they intend on adding our entire solar system, not just earth. since utopia planitia is in orbit of mars ... im guessing you'll be able to visit it soon enough ? but yea. obviously because its THE shipyard of the federation, building ships/shuttles there would be the obvious thing to do if one can visit it.

On a side note, something about memory alpha seems off to me. either the massives buildings and lines you see from orbit (wich seems odd to me cuz that would mean the whole facility is truely EPIC in proportion) or the layout. Something i cant put my finger on. Having another area to do R&D would be nice, but having it at or near ESD would overcrowd that area of the game i think.... Just throwing it in the group.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2011, 05:41 AM
I would certainly like to see the crafting of the Delta Shuttle at Utopia Planitia, and other shuttles too as and when they become craftable items.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 05:46 AM
Definately agree the hub of knowledge from all over the federation and beyond is not the place where weapons and starships should be being built IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 06:09 AM
Great idea.
Maybe make it something like the docks that were outside the old ESD?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 06:10 AM
well.... weapons is one thing since that kind of belongs to the scientific field.
But starship construction and design really is something that does not belong at a research library.
Thats what you actually have design and construction facilities for, such as UPS.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2011, 06:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrelbyrd View Post
Great idea.
Maybe make it something like the docks that were outside the old ESD?
No need, like i said the map already exists in a klingon mission, complete with bases, docks and construction facilties etc.
All that is needed is to "rig it up"
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2011, 06:16 AM
I will agree for sure here.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2011, 06:17 AM
Definitely.

Just as long as we don't have to warp to the 'Mars System' to do it. *shudder*