Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedidethfreak View Post
You're right, that people would be angry. Give those that had an LTS from before F2P something special, just for them. You know, like the Captain's Table was supposed to be for us until a bunch of people freaked out cuz we got a room?
i see that as a viable option,but i am more along the lines of this:

there are those that bought "both" life subs, lets ay at 300usd each. total of 600usd.

if this was a consideration, those that have the STO life account paid 300usd. add the OPs difference of 100usd and you have a 200usd offset and disparity.

not sure a "superhero hangout" is going to be accepted all the warmly.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
I wouldn't expect to see it until they release Neverwinter, if at all.

Sony's station access was certainly a good value (if you can consider paying for a Sony game a positive at all, I guess)
And therein lies the rub

Even as a current dual-lifer I'm not really opposed to the idea, though I doubt such a deep discount on dual-LTS would fly on the financial side of things. A lesser one, maybe.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
ya know...id prob do the same. dont like CO that much (tried the free trial) but for a life sub at that price i would really look into that.

but given that some people did by both life subs at a higher price point, i would imagine some serious outcry if this were to happen. not saying i would be against them expressing their view, they paid for it after all.

if it happens, so be it. id look at getting it. if not. no loss.
How bout all the people who paid a higher price for their pre order bonuses or the special mirror universe costume set? Considering how little Cryptic cared about them, I think they'll just use the same excuse.

"You paid to get it earlier!"
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2011, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
How bout all the people who paid a higher price for their pre order bonuses or the special mirror universe costume set? Considering how little Cryptic cared about them, I think they'll just use the same excuse.

"You paid to get it earlier!"
point (+1) to you sir....

dare i add though, you are talking a 200usd difference verses under 50usd....but hey, i see your logic....
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
point (+1) to you sir....

dare i add though, you are talking a 200usd difference verses under 50usd....but hey, i see your logic....
I have to say, for many people, it was far more than just $50. Many people slapped down $300 for a CO LTS just for the Mirror Uniforms, that are now less than $5 on the C-Store, And others paid for multiple copies of STO for the special stuff that is now a couple bucks on the C-Store. So to say it was under $50 is not very accurate for many.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2011, 01:10 PM
The discount LTS could be a 400 or 500 day option.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I have to say, for many people, it was far more than just $50. Many people slapped down $300 for a CO LTS just for the Mirror Uniforms, that are now less than $5 on the C-Store, And others paid for multiple copies of STO for the special stuff that is now a couple bucks on the C-Store. So to say it was under $50 is not very accurate for many.
best out of five?

i see your reference now. was not aware that the mirror was part of the deal with CO life subs.

as for the others, people chose to buy multiple copies. i would better support the mirror uni / CO life sub issue verses the, "i bought many copies" version.

so, we tied yet? or do you still have the lead?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2011, 01:16 PM
Quote:
best out of five?

i see your reference now. was not aware that the mirror was part of the deal with CO life subs.

as for the others, people chose to buy multiple copies. i would better support the mirror uni / CO life sub issue verses the, "i bought many copies" version.

so, we tied yet? or do you still have the lead?
I get what you're saying. But, people chose to buy the CO LTS, so why in your opinion is it more worthy than those that bought multiple copies? I'm just curious.

Lolz
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-06-2011, 01:34 PM
It's a cool idea and one I'd considered proposing before.

Let me toss out another that goes in a different direction:

Investigate a FTP/Hybrid model that errs more on the FTP side. Instead treat subscription as a club membership, like the Transformers Collector Club or MattyCollectors.

This is totally hypothetical but I could see it working well for STO.

Membership gets you:

- Priority queuing
- A yearly club exclusive (ala the Liberated Borg)
- Access to past exclusives
- Permanent sale pricing
- A monthly Atari Token stipend

No monthly fee, period. Some features locked.

$60 for 12 mo. Bronze Club Membership (25 AT stipend, Exclusive not included but basic convenience features unlocked)
$120 for 12 mo. Silver Club Membership (100 AT stipend, access to exclusive for an extra fee)
$180 for 12 mo. Gold Club Membership (300 AT stipend, yearly exclusive, priority queue, permanent 20% off all C-Store purchases in all Cryptic games -- doesn't stack with sales)
$340 for Platinum Club Membership (400 AT stipend, yearly exclusive, lifetime membership, permanent 25% off all C-Store purchases in all Cryptic games -- doesn't stack with sales)

At any point, you can upgrade to the next tier for $60 (excluding Platinum). Maybe free DDEs of any Cryptic game in the top 2 tiers. Maybe have a print on demand merch store for club members with promotional items sold "at cost". (It's still $15 for a T-shirt but the idea is promotion.)

Numbers are entirely hypothetical here. The point is that you move away from the monthly model across the board and instead make it more like a fanclub/convention package. Again, eliminating the monthly model entirely while cross promoting other games.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2011, 02:04 PM
What does that have to do with dual subscription?
Closed Thread