Lt. Commander
Mild spoiler warnings!!!

A few friends of mine and I just completed the Vault, Afterwards we discussed our thoughts on the new quest and would like to share some of these thoughts today.

The good: Almost everything. One of the most common things said from everyone was that this feels Trek! For the first time I feel like I'm truly a part of the Trek universe.

The VOers were such a wonderful suprise. The only thing I can think of that might have been a mistake here Cryptic was that when we initially heard them when excepting this mission we instantly became addicted. Almost everyone one of us who has played this quest, I am sure, will be thirsting for this feature to grow like wildfire.

The beginning with the three different options to enter the Vault was very nice. We had a Tac, A science, and an engineer so we tried all of them.

The interiors. OMG OMG OMG. Whoever designed this please give that person a huge BOW from all of us. Brilliant. Just flying around inside was amazing. I will replay this mission quit a few times I am sure and I am not sure if I will ever get tired of simply flying around in there. The Vault could have been renamed. "Fly around the Vault" and I would have probably been happy with that haha.

A prefect mixture of non combat and combat. It had its moments of combat but felt like a non combat missions. Loved that about this mission.

The fun view screen effect in the end was great. If anyone didn't do it. next time hit your Map button. HAHA GREAT!!!

The Bad: Only a few complaints I have.

1. The initial dialog on Starbase 39 with the gentleman who's name I cannot remember ATM. When my team mates were done reading and hit the green text it progressed it for me also. I missed reading all of that dialog.This is still sometimes a problem. It did not do it for any of the other dialog boxes in the mission. just that one. It is things like that that make me want to do missions like this solo and not grouped.

2. If ever there was an argument to increase the pitch of the our ships this mission is the one that should win it for us. It was sometimes very frustrating trying to maneuver our little shuttles in some of those tight places. Please, for the love of Porthos, give us at least 90% pitch. One of my BoFFs even says "We will have to think 3 dimensionally inside here." Well I know for me I was unable to to so with my ships pitch restrictions. lol.

3. Having the VOers made the rest of the dialog that had to be read feel a little awkward. As if something was wrong with my communications devices. Or I was suffering from some hearing loss. This is a nit pick but honestly by adding these VOers you will need to add more from here on out and even retrofit some old missions with some more VOers before the year is done. People are going to hound you to the ends of the galaxy for MORE MORE MORE VOers and I will be there with them . So just be prepared for that can of Gagh you have opened.

Edit: 4. The shuttle part is awesome I love it. However, if you want to equip stuff like Ageis set on it before doing the missions, I can see it becoming annoying having to swap things out every time then back again. Maybe allow us an option to set our shuttles equipable items and have it clone these items
for shuttles only. Just a thought here.

The ugly: Absolutely nothing to post here. This missions was a delight and and a smashing success IMO. It really set the bar for the other 4 or so quests. So they all must be even more amazing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2011, 06:31 AM
i'll add to the bad.......

the initial dialogue saying speak to lt cmdr DeSoto is a bit ambigious in telling you that he's at sb39. it needs to be reordered and highlighted in green in the mini window

Go to starbase 39 (green)
------>speak to Lt Cmdr Desoto in the Admirals Office

also

starbase 39 has no sign above the admirals office to indicate its whereabouts. i know you guys moved it recently, on account of reading the patch notes, still took me a few minutes to find it though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2011, 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDK-187
i'll add to the bad.......

the initial dialogue saying speak to lt cmdr DeSoto is a bit ambigious in telling you that he's at sb39. it needs to be reordered and highlighted in green in the mini window

Go to starbase 39 (green)
------>speak to Lt Cmdr Desoto in the Admirals Office

also

starbase 39 has no sign above the admirals office to indicate its whereabouts. i know you guys moved it recently, on account of reading the patch notes, still took me a few minutes to find it though.
Yeah I will agree with this. I was a bit confused on where to go next. Which brings me to another little thing that would help a bit. I for some reason, only sometimes, cannot make a quest "Primary". I don't know why. But I had to ask a few teammates where to go next here.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2011, 06:39 AM
I too, really enjoyed this Episode. It was very original and well designed. I truly felt the suspense of trying to sneak into the Vault undetected.

The addition of lootable craft schematics was a nice touch also. This actually gives players an added incentive to repeat this mission indefinitely.

Once again, a nicely woven mission that incorporates signature story elements from the Star Trek movies.

Great Job, Cryptic!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
The addition of lootable craft schematics was a nice touch also. This actually gives players an added incentive to repeat this mission indefinitely.
!
I just ran it through a second time -- no craft schematics were in the final room with the Remans.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbal View Post
I just ran it through a second time -- no craft schematics were in the final room with the Remans.
Strange, I wonder if it's determined by which side you enter the Vault from or how high your current crafting skill is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomicile
Strange, I wonder if it's determined by which side you enter the Vault from or how high your current crafting skill is.
You know -- perhaps its tied to the dialog tree? Because I was playing through it a second time, for fun I went with the aggressive options -- none of the Diplomatic options showed up. Maybe the craft drops only appear if you've "reasoned" with the Reman?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2011, 06:50 AM
Just played it through as well and I am satisfied.
The first series was okey, the second series was more and okey and this series is just plain awesome.

Like said above, this made you feel like you really were in the star trek universe.
The mystery, the hidden danger and the great sneaking part.

Th vault was sure a interesting "station", to bad you didn't get the opportunity to explore it, or the disabled borg sphere, but oh well, you cant have it all

Love the voice-over dialog, made you focus more on the briefing then just "Read quickly through and check where you are supposed to be".

Overall, I give this Episode 4/5.

Keep up the good work and keep us getting suprised!
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2011, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinbal View Post
You know -- perhaps its tied to the dialog tree? Because I was playing through it a second time, for fun I went with the aggressive options -- none of the Diplomatic options showed up. Maybe the craft drops only appear if you've "reasoned" with the Reman?
That's a good point because I used diplomacy as well in the dialogue options.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2011, 07:20 AM
i also used diplomacy, and got the schematics, would be odd if you only got them with diplomacy. lets see if we can compare and see what the ones who got the schematics did to get it:

I did all the optional objectives at start, but then went for the science one (putting the sat in maintenance mode)

i then accidently tripped an alarm at the door, which caused 2 turrets to spawn/activate, but other then that it dident spawn anything else. Proceeded to talk to the romulan shuttle that did not reply, then found the romulan refugees wich i used diplomacy on and got the "master key" or whatever it was. after that its prob the same for everybody, scan sphere, scan the thalaron reactor, then i used diplomacy on the reman who was very pleased by my ... refreshing truth or something like that ... after that it spawned 4 .... whatever it was, looked like anomalies but they looted schematics, killed everything except the mogai on the way out. ... done ?