Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2011, 10:02 AM
They'll be back.... someday....

I'm sure they're where all missing well-liked internet/video game personas are... with the Cheif, orbiting whatever planet that's supposed to be in the Legendary ending of Halo 3.

EDIT: That is also where Elvis really is right now
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2011, 02:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasherman View Post
Fixed that, then.
tossing Flash? do I even want to ask?
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2011, 02:38 PM
A Flashbang, of course. Explosive device that creates a bright disorienting flash of light, helped by the loud noise (the bang in Flashbang) which disrupts the fluid in the ears, making people dizzy and nauseous.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2011, 03:56 PM
Rwl1919

I'm miss Rwalf. Haven't seen him 'bout foro some time.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Quote:
A Flashbang, of course. Explosive device that creates a bright disorienting flash of light, helped by the loud noise (the bang in Flashbang) which disrupts the fluid in the ears, making people dizzy and nauseous.
Also, a reminder. Not to be used within 5 meters of yourself. Useful for disorienting Russians. Extremely useful in raiding strongholds.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2011, 12:08 AM
Flash got tossed quite often when he was in prison.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2011, 01:20 AM
what about saint, ive seen heard his calm and polite tones for a while.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2011, 03:25 AM
Let this be about all those that STO has lost, no matter the reason, i missed out on visiting a friends memorial because of timezone issues. but i think that no matter the reason, if we loose those that make our family then we loose something far greater in our hearts.

To all that we have known and cared for in STO, you will always be in our hearts.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2011, 04:44 AM
Quote:
As the results for the Ten Forward awards are in, I thought we should take a moment to remember those players who've left the game over the past year. Players who are with us still, in spirit, if not in person.

Corban Lewis
Who amongst us does not know the name Corban Lewis? Part-time Zombie, all-time fun lover, and founder of AFCTF, Corban put his heart and soul into the community from the onset, before he sadly left us. He moved, but never came back. Ten Forward is what it is, in part because of Corban.

Current Status: Missing, Presumed Left

Valin Antilles
Those who didn't know Valin were, in my mind, worse off for it. An intelligent and fun individual, he lit up the Vent server with rapid-fire discourse on a variety of subjects, from Science Fiction to Religion, to Economics. One of the brighter stars of Ten Forward, who, likewise to Corban, had an RL move and never came back. Last time anyone heard from Valin, he was playing WW2 Sims. Blow up the Nazi's for us, Valin, and tell 'em Ten Forward sent you!

Current Status: Left

EricaJoanne
The Philly Spitfire, EJ left us one day to play 360 games. Fun to chat to and be around, this chronicler isn't ashamed to say he gave EricaJoanne a veneral disease. Granted, it was in Fable 3 and by doing so I ruined her entire game, but she took these things in her stride. To this day, this chronicler cannot play Call Of Duty: Black Ops without thinking of EJ...especially when a character shouts out "Tossing Flash!"

Ornithorhynchus
Everyone's favourite Platypus, Orni just stopped playing one day, leaving future historians to wonder what became of her. Some believe that she gave up waiting for the RA5 cap to be raised, whilst others believe she was captured in a failed experiment by Hort_Wort. Some, in fact, believe that she is Hort_Wort in disguise, but these ideas have mostly been labelled "Hella Dumb" by anyone who's spoken with either of them.

Sacerd
He...had a beard. A fun loving individual who wasn't afraid to emulate his personal hero, Brian Blessed, Sacerd was one of the more visible members of Ten Forward, and certainly one of the most vocal. A Jerry Reed fan, he once asked this chronicler to record a cover of "Eastbound And Down", which this chronicler was never thanked for putting in the time and effort to do. Not that I'm bitter, or anything. Sacerd also vanished mysteriously, one day, without a trace.

Opaserv
The multicoloured neon wonder that was Opaserv announced that she would soon be leaving back for University one day, and then she did, several weeks after the announcement. Opaserv is more of an aside here, because she still lurks, waiting for the day when she can truly be free to wander the forums and the game without fear of persection and date-**** drugs being smuggled to her by Hort_Wort. Anyone who dismissed her as just a pretty face was quite surprised to learn that she was actually quite intelligent, too.

Current Status: Lurking

Daevan
Well known as the only Frenchman in STO. Ever. Daevan was the first person who really utilised the Ten Forward Vent server, back when it was run by Hazard, and he was as popular as he was European. Sadly, Daevan left us "for a short while" and never came back, making him the Captain Oates of Ten Forward. He was briefly spotted some time later by this chronicler, Daevan sadly left to take care of his family, and we wish him all the best.

Teach
He...was a teacher. A teacher sort of guy, really. Uhm...yeah. He was around one day, and then he wasn't. He was pretty cool, though!

I'm sure I've missed some people, especially people that I don't know (witness the TeacherGuy paragraph). Add anyone I've forgotten!
We the few will remember they, the many.

It really isn't as it was. It isn't as much fun without any of them. Just wish I could hang pictures in my ship with shotglasses upturned under each.

As for me, I been on and off. between classes, work and the unstoppable snow, I have had not but annoyance.

This is how bad it is here. The snow is up and over the roof of my lifted truck and as you can see in the close background is nearly stacked to the second floor of the building behind me

It is so bad, even Church signs are reflecting it.

This of course leads to outages in both power and internet.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2011, 04:32 PM
I did not really know much about/have much contact with Valin or Daevan, but the others are dearly missed by me.

Cooooooooooooorrrrrrrrrrrrbbbbbbbbbbaaaaaaaaaaaann !!!!!!!!

<sob>

Also, what about Tessa?!? We have been denied the gleaming beacon of her sunny smile for so long we should all have become Morlocks or Lovecraftian ghouls by now!