Lt. Commander
So if i go to Starbase 39 and buy a runabout I can rename it, but if i bought a runabout at DS9 way back when I can't rename it.

Also, I used to be able to summon my Del Taco shuttle pet when on my runabout, now I can't, what gives?

I have 12 bridge officers, plus my toon, thats 13. I can't fit thirteen people on one runabout. I love to go and explore nebulas, replay old missions with my runabout and shuttle pet.

It is an MMORPG is it not? My favourite little bit of roleplaying is now gone.

Whats up devs?

All whining aside, the Vault was awesome!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Give me an instance from the shows where a runabout launched a shuttle from its cargo bay.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2011, 09:38 AM
Buy a new one and rename it problem solved.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Give me an instance from the shows where a runabout launched a shuttle from its cargo bay.
couldn't they both leave the starbase together?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Cargo Bays that were right by Shuttle Bays could be made to hold Auxiliary Craft. Theoretically that's where Voyager held it's craft since not all of those ships could fit in it's cargo bays.
The likely means this happened is a movable wall/flloor/whatever that we just never got to see. You can't exactly launch them out of the Cargo Bay though since it doesn't have an opening to space.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by naphl View Post
So if i go to Starbase 39 and buy a runabout I can rename it, but if i bought a runabout at DS9 way back when I can't rename it.
Correct. As a matter of fact the renaming of runabouts has been fixed ages ago. People who purchased the runabout at DS9 at the beginning couldn't rename them. Anyone who purchased it a few months later at DS9 could.

There is a command to rename your runabout, but I don't remember it off the type of my head. It might be /rename

Quote:
Also, I used to be able to summon my Del Taco shuttle pet when on my runabout, now I can't, what gives?
They fixed this with the last patch. It is to make the game more like Star Trek. Shuttles and Runabouts cannot be launched from a Shuttle or Runabout.

Quote:
I have 12 bridge officers, plus my toon, thats 13. I can't fit thirteen people on one runabout. I love to go and explore nebulas, replay old missions with my runabout and shuttle pet.
I don't know if I understand what you are trying to say here. Technically you aren't taking your entire crew with you when you go on a runabout/shuttle, only the one in your BO station(s) and away team.

Quote:
It is an MMORPG is it not? My favourite little bit of roleplaying is now gone.

Whats up devs?
I'm sorry but I'm not understand what part of your roleplaying is ruined. Nothing has changed with runabouts/shuttles since the game launched, aside from the fact that the runabout from DS9 can be renamed, but its been like that for a long time.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
Cargo Bays that were right by Shuttle Bays could be made to hold Auxiliary Craft. Theoretically that's where Voyager held it's craft since not all of those ships could fit in it's cargo bays.
The likely means this happened is a movable wall/flloor/whatever that we just never got to see. You can't exactly launch them out of the Cargo Bay though since it doesn't have an opening to space.
i think darren was refering more to the size and scale of a type 8 fitting into a runabout. but i may be wrong...and that would be the first time ever....
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
He said a runabout, not Voyager.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Correct. As a matter of fact the renaming of runabouts has been fixed ages ago. People who purchased the runabout at DS9 at the beginning couldn't rename them. Anyone who purchased it a few months later at DS9 could.
Unfortunately I bought mine back in February of 2010. I'm not going to quit or go crazy or tear my hair out, just post one sentence about it and get over it.

Quote:
They fixed this with the last patch. It is to make the game more like Star Trek. Shuttles and Runabouts cannot be launched from a Shuttle or Runabout.
I never said I was trying to launch it from my runabout. I am a Vice Admiral, i'm pretty sure I can ask starfleet to let me use a runabout and a shuttle at the same time. They could leave the starbase together as I said above. And before someone jumps down my throat on this one, i don't mean together as in I use two ships at once I mean together as in my pet follows me around, like when my vulcan and his pet selhat run around they to it together.

Quote:
I don't know if I understand what you are trying to say here. Technically you aren't taking your entire crew with you when you go on a runabout/shuttle, only the one in your BO station(s) and away team. I'm sorry but I'm not understand what part of your roleplaying is ruined. .
I'll try to illuminate. And I know I am a dork/loser or whatever for having an ongoing backstory in my head for my characters. Since I got my runabout and del taco shuttle I have occasionally taken them out together and imagined that all my boffs were on it, you know as like a team building exercise. Especially whenever I get a new one.

Its fun for me. I like to have a back story and to use my imagination.

Look guys, I'm not trying to pick a fight with the forum regulars here, i just felt like this forum was a community and as a member of the community I would share my personal feelings about my personal experiences.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2011, 10:06 AM
Quote:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...5&postcount=16