Lt. Commander
# 1 Making Squad Emblems....??
02-06-2011, 10:53 AM
ok, i did search for "Emblems, and Fleet Emblems," read thru several threads to only find my question is either still buried, or not answered.

so here goes:

is there any talk about allowing players to create their own emblems per toon?

I like to wear my fleet emblem on the fleet uni we have, and on other uniforms, but i was thinking it would be neat if we could create emblems for our squad, i.e. per toon, as well.

not sure if it is in any Engy Reports or other locations. I did look, but have yet to locate any solid evidence.

peace.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2011, 10:55 AM
So you're saying have a unique design for your ship/crew (similar to the Enterprise mission patch), rather than just the "Fleet patch" that's available now?

I would agree, and allow the players the option of using their own, or the fleet patch (maybe even both?).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2011, 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela
So you're saying have a unique design for your ship/crew (similar to the Enterprise mission patch), rather than just the "Fleet patch" that's available now?

I would agree, and allow the players the option of using their own, or the fleet patch (maybe even both?).
yes, this is what i am getting at....your post it seems is more effective at the idea...lol
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2011, 11:41 AM
Frankly i'm kind of surprised we don't have this already.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2011, 11:45 AM
I would also like this idea as well. As an addition, I would love to see that Federation logo in the ship's lounge be able to be changed to a fleet or ship's logo
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2011, 11:53 AM
I think it's like in WoW. If you're not in a guild there's nothing on your tabard. The difference is that WoW handed out special tabards for reputation grinding or reaching certain milestones..... I want a Federation Diplomatic Corps patch!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
I think it's like in WoW. If you're not in a guild there's nothing on your tabard. The difference is that WoW handed out special tabards for reputation grinding or reaching certain milestones..... I want a Federation Diplomatic Corps patch!
but this is not WoW....this is Star Trek.

tradition is that each ship has a patch/emblem to go with it. military units do the same. and since SF is quasi-military and there are known patches/emblems for each ship, why not allow it for us individually per toon?
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
I want a Federation Diplomatic Corps patch!
this would be a nice option to be able to wear if you wanted to use it while doing diplo missions....
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_James_of_Cadiz
but this is not WoW....this is Star Trek.

tradition is that each ship has a patch/emblem to go with it. military units do the same. and since SF is quasi-military and there are known patches/emblems for each ship, why not allow it for us individually per toon?
Technically the different assignment patches were dropped after TOS, sad but true. Still, fleet patches are non-canon too, but I guess they are just doing it like other MMO's and keep customizable emblems guild-exclusive. I would just like it if they would at least add non-customizable emblems like Federation Diplomatic Corps for ambassadors, Memory Alpha Assignment Patch for people who have crafting maxed out. Battlegroup Omega for people who did B'Tran x times etc.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2011, 12:41 PM
Quote:
Technically the different assignment patches were dropped after TOS, sad but true. Still, fleet patches are non-canon too, but I guess they are just doing it like other MMO's and keep customizable emblems guild-exclusive. I would just like it if they would at least add non-customizable emblems like Federation Diplomatic Corps for ambassadors, Memory Alpha Assignment Patch for people who have crafting maxed out. Battlegroup Omega for people who did B'Tran x times etc.
Wearable accolades would be a nice thing indeed. I once visited a ship to do an officer drop-trade, and seeing that 1st place CE trophy in his lounge was a rather impressive thing. Had I not visited his ship, I never would have known it.