Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2011, 02:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uneasybbj View Post
at least yall get to do infected, no one will let me join them in doing it. Yeah, ive never done it, but how am I spost to when no one gives me a frekin chance!
PM me in game, we'll take you through. I completely agree with you - some people's chciken and egg attitude to this is riduculous.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2011, 02:46 AM
I think once you get the queen to spawn, the field on the door drops....if your team somehow wipes after that? then raise the field and reset.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2011, 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Twilight
Sorry, I'm sticking to my guns on this one. If Cryptic were simply to remove that stupid forcefield on the door, the end battle would improve 100%.
Stick to your guns all you like - there are teams completing this with 4 people ! (I haven't heard of a 3 man run including rebecca yet, although I am sure everything up to that is do-able.)

I lead several PUGs through Rebecca's room. ONCE THEY LISTENED - they were amazed how easy it was.
That door at the front ? They never gave it a second thought. ONCE THEY LISTENED.

The ONLY PUG groups I have not lead successfully through that room, are the ones with one or more people who won't even read the chat box !

Browser - PM me, and will give you a more effective (and fun) way to battle the room.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2011, 04:46 AM
rebecca is easy to do 3 man, she can be soloed herself by Sci or Eng; infact the only reason you need 3 is so you can do the consoles.

and please don't remove the forcefield, I don't want this to turn into another part of the game where you can just throw bodies at it untill you win. This problem already plagues all space combat except the start of KA and they've done a 'good job' at keeping it away from most of the ground combat so far.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2011, 05:03 AM
Graveyard zerging is not the answer. Having basic coordination is.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2011, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RStoney View Post
Stick to your guns all you like - there are teams completing this with 4 people ! (I haven't heard of a 3 man run including rebecca yet, although I am sure everything up to that is do-able.)

I lead several PUGs through Rebecca's room. ONCE THEY LISTENED - they were amazed how easy it was.
That door at the front ? They never gave it a second thought. ONCE THEY LISTENED.

The ONLY PUG groups I have not lead successfully through that room, are the ones with one or more people who won't even read the chat box !

Browser - PM me, and will give you a more effective (and fun) way to battle the room.
Indeed, 2 people can and have run infected all the way up to Rebecca's room. It's only the generators that stop them completeing the entire stf.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2011, 06:34 AM
Keyword folks - I haven't heard it directly

I do not doubt that it can be done by three people (requirement of the consoles) but just haven't seen the team that has done it yet.

Yes, I have solo'ed Rebecca a few times already. Only once from her alcove, the rest of the time, it has been from a corner she got 'stuck' in (force dome and cover shields) Quickest take downs I have seen (actually been in the fight)

Corner fight that I pinned her with force domes and cover shields. TAC absolutely shredded her from a flank position, as I did rifle butt exposes.

Center fight - I melee'd with bath'leth, everyone else took a side, so there was always multiple flank shots happening. She dropped so fast, we thought we bugged the mission somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2011, 07:34 AM
I've seen her drop really fast as well, it's weird. Normally it's when shes in the center and everyone is firing for me as well, although other times she will just kill everyone in the center lol

Whenever I've soloed her (since the vents starting appearing near entrance) I used the alcoves on the East wall, saving HD shots for knocking off the 2 borg that spawn there and straight up tanking her on my medic.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2011, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_Twilight
Sorry, I'm sticking to my guns on this one. If Cryptic were simply to remove that stupid forcefield on the door, the end battle would improve 100%.
Learn how to jump and you wont end up in the plasma.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2011, 11:59 AM
I tend to agree with the OP that the forcefielded door is kind of silly and over the top. Otherwise, Infected is ok. I would also caution the OP tha tif they feel Infected is too long, be prepared for much longer STFs as the Cure and especially Khitomer Accord can take several hours to finish.