Lt. Commander
# 11
02-09-2011, 07:49 AM
I do agree the Galaxy X needs some additional attention; nothing over powered but something to make it a viable choice along with the other cruiser refits. One of the major issues I have with it is how it uses "Assault Cruiser" training and not "Refit Training" which makes it hard for me to easily move between my Galaxy-R and Galaxy-X without spending merits on a retrain.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-10-2011, 06:14 AM
It really needs some kind of help. Hate to improve it so much it needs to be a vice admiral ship but at same time keeping it where it is now barely makes it worth while at rear admiral. The assault cruiser seems to do alot better in most cases and its free. The lance is a joke compared to whats seen in the video on this site. Even with shields down and alot towards weapons the lance doesnt hit that hard. Doesnt take down shields well at all. And i hate that its fixed to one type of damage instead of being disruptor phaser polaron or whatever i happen to be using the most.

Id atleast set a way to change phaser lance to the type of damage the owner chooses and would give it a bonus turn rate (not everything has to make total sense but for 2000 atari points it should atleast be a capable ship). Out of combat that 3rd nacelle should increase its speed to warp 11 at lower admiral and 13 at vice admiral.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-10-2011, 07:24 AM
It's not the fact that we want the galaxy x to be an imba ship bought with RL money, we just want it to at least reflect the fact that it IS a T5 Retrofit, which at the moment it's comparatively worse than a standard T5 ship... If you want a powerful ship bought with RL money, then go with Excelsior...
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitris_Botonis
I am an avid fan of the Galaxy-X. I won't complain about the money I spent on it, and I won't cry over my fate about being whipped in PvP (yes, I take it on PvP matches too). I enjoy using only one ship for everything, and I like that ship too much to abandon it.

But, it has been some time that many players ask for improvements for that ship, and the devs have apparently abandoned it.

I'd like to ask for four things:

a) I don't care about cannons on this ship. remove them, and give us something else instead.

b) make he lance a good combat asset. Either make it more accurate, or increase its DPS.

c) Either give it another console (preferably tac) or another special ability, for removing the cannons (e.g. a specialized tractor beam to use with the lance).

d) Change the BO layout, one that includes a Tac LT. Cdr.

WHATEVER YOU DO, KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF THE CLOAK!!!!!!!

I know I should post this on the cruiser forum, but it is full of posts about the Gal-X. I think it is the ship with the most amazing post history: everyone loves it, and everyone thinks it's a shame it is so bad to play, but the devs has done nothing to make it equivalent to the rest of the T5 cruisers. WHY?

I would like to redirect all people to also read this http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=186291 thread, as to avoid asking for exactly those things that do not help in the slightest.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-10-2011, 05:37 PM
Does anyone else find it frustrating that there are a good 7-8 threads about this same topic in different threads all around the boards, and nothing has even been mentioned about it by the devs?

Sure it's usually a long shot getting them to notice things, but with so many of us on here begging for SOMETHING to be done, you'd think they would at least have responded to one of our many threads.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-10-2011, 07:36 PM
One thing could be done is add the Phaser lance to the weapon bar as a normal phaser with a limited ark with the emphases of it being a low powered phaser lace to provide dps since the loss of one rear weapon was to add in a fifth forward weapon to the ship. Also a weapon like that should couse knock back against all ships in the beams path when the lance is fired.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-10-2011, 07:42 PM
I'd just like to point out, that you don't have to equip cannons on the Gal-X, you can use beams or torpedoes in the same slot.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
I'd just like to point out, that you don't have to equip cannons on the Gal-X, you can use beams or torpedoes in the same slot.
i'd just like to point out that YES, we know, and that your comment is as pointless as it is insulting.

Its a fact that the ship has issues and the bonehead idea to give it dual cannon access is part of this. Read the thread that was linked to 4 posts further up....
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Even if they don't tweak the ships weaposns and such, it needs a lot of graphical love. The third nacell doesn't entirely light up, the phaser cannon isn't scaled properly compared the ship featured in All Good Things, the rear of all three nacells are dim compared to the rest, and there is lots more I could complain about.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-11-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluerockBeing04 View Post
Does anyone else find it frustrating that there are a good 7-8 threads about this same topic in different threads all around the boards, and nothing has even been mentioned about it by the devs?

Sure it's usually a long shot getting them to notice things, but with so many of us on here begging for SOMETHING to be done, you'd think they would at least have responded to one of our many threads.
Q: HyenaZERO: Are there any plans to revisit and perhaps adjust the effectiveness of the Galaxy-X BFG?
A: Al and I were talking about this the other day. When the Galaxy Dreadnaught was released, it was the big boy on the block, but now that a lot of other ships have come out, it is not as special as it used to be. We are investigating options and you could see us make a change as we understand the concerns.

From the Ask Cryptic posted yesterday.