Lt. Commander
Hi there,

afte rlong time I reactivated my account today and tried to login with the Launcher as usual. After entering unsername and password, I press the "submit" button and the launcher crashes immediately, opening the cryptic crash logger and ... probably sending some information.

I already deleted the game completely and downloaded the latest version and installed again. I also tried Administrator mode and also WinXP compatibility mode (I have Win7 64Bit). I tried on my desktop computer and also on my laptop, on both machines same problem. Both machines run witn Win7 64Bit.

Any ideas how to fix that?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2011, 09:48 PM
is there any error message when it crashes? Is there anything written in the log files that might point to a clue (crash, shutdown, error )
Also server programs like teamviewer will prevent the game from working have you tried it witha clean boot and no extra programs running?

The game dows work with win 7 both 32 and 64 bits
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoangtagey
Hi there,

afte rlong time I reactivated my account today and tried to login with the Launcher as usual. After entering unsername and password, I press the "submit" button and the launcher crashes immediately, opening the cryptic crash logger and ... probably sending some information.

I already deleted the game completely and downloaded the latest version and installed again. I also tried Administrator mode and also WinXP compatibility mode (I have Win7 64Bit). I tried on my desktop computer and also on my laptop, on both machines same problem. Both machines run witn Win7 64Bit.

Any ideas how to fix that?
Having the exact same problem here. Win 7 64 bit. I can also give you another symptom. When you bring up the launcher, the cursor starts in the password field, when it should start in the Account Name field. Also, the tab key does not move the cursor through the fields as it should. The cursor just vanishes if you hit tab. If you hit submit with no information entered, it still crashes immediately.

The one time I was able to log in properly, the cursor appeared where it should and the tab key worked properly.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2011, 03:14 PM
the launcher uses MSHTML so certain settings in IE browser will affect the launcher operations.

login box can be affected by having the autofill form feature turned on in IE . Also having display images turned off will mess the launcher up as well has having the security setting too high.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusMD
the launcher uses MSHTML so certain settings in IE browser will affect the launcher operations.

login box can be affected by having the autofill form feature turned on in IE . Also having display images turned off will mess the launcher up as well has having the security setting too high.
I reset all IE options to their defaults...no change in the symptoms.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2011, 10:03 AM
I've had this a couple times a few months ago, I just tried a second time, it crashed again and did a full dump/report (took about 7mins) and then tried for a 3rd time and it worked. /shrug
Lt. Commander
# 7 Same Issue
02-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I'm having the same issue. The problem (I think) is caused by todays Internet Explorer security patch released by Microsoft. I'm running the IE9 Beta and patch kb248217 was installed.

I'm uninstalling the my IE9 Beta now to see if this fixes it, as I can't roll back just that one patch. Will post results after I'm done with the reboot and etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8 Darn
02-08-2011, 08:31 PM
No luck after the IE9 Beta uninstall I'm still having the issue. I'm gonna make sure my os is patched and etc. then reinstall STO.

Sad part for me is my 1.75mb dsl line. gonna take forever to reinstall...
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-08-2011, 10:15 PM
I also had IE9, and removed it. I also uninstalled and reinstalled STO. Nothing helps.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2011, 07:22 AM
I closed stuff like teamview etc ... didn't change anything. I checked my Folders for log files, cleaned them but the entries were old, from 2010 ... no logs in the launcher folder, also not in the /logs/ folder. The popup window from the crash logge ris empty and also seem not to transmit anything.

What is it about the internet explorer8 ? I don't use any beta, just the retail stuff. What may I change?

/: I can start the game client directly on my Laptop, but of course cannot connect because its an old version (ST.1.20100426a.9) So ... really seem to be just a problem with the launcher/updater ... any way to patch manually or something? On my Desktop computer I re-installed with the latest install files to download, same problem.