Lt. Commander
# 1 Leet Gear Trade
02-07-2011, 12:23 AM
A lot of time in ZoneChat I see people willing trade Very Rare Mk XII's that they got for doing very little for things like Efficient Saurians and Millions and Millions of EC's. How does one get into these sort of connections? From what I always see on Zonechat. its the same people all the time. Flaunting an item they are willing to pretty much just Give Away for Millions and Millions of EC's and or other Mk XIII or so Very Rare gear.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2011, 01:39 AM
It's either blind luck drops, or these are the guys who spend their entire lives in STO scanning the exchange for the next great money maker despite then having nothing to spend the money on.
Lt. Commander
# 3 Increase difficulty
03-26-2011, 02:17 PM
You do have to get lucky to get a rare mkXII, but if you play on elite all the time, it will increase your odds of getting items like this.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
It's either blind luck drops, or these are the guys who spend their entire lives in STO scanning the exchange for the next great money maker despite then having nothing to spend the money on.
My money's on this. Auction house speculation is a pretty common MMO thing. Even more common in games were equipment never binds and can be used and re-traded, where after a point most of the bulk of the economy boils down to people trading items nobody involved intends to use for gold nobody has any intention to spend. At least in games like STO it doesn't spiral out of control quite so badly, but the basic pattern is the same: Player gets the items, sells it for say 5 million, which is already more EC than most people will ever really need. Speculator buys it and sits on it until somebody agrees to pay 25 million, which the speculator uses to buy five more such items from five different players.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Inflation is caused by the EC farmers.
Would be much better if, when listing something on the exchange, it sells for no more then twice its own listed worth. You can sell for less, but cant sell for more, with items in bulk totaling all their worth.

Now watch the EC farmers flame me for this idea. The difficult part, however, would be the samples and bridge officers.
Lt. Commander
# 6 ZoneChat
03-28-2011, 06:43 AM
People dont flaunt these items for very long, Jealousy will follow very shortly thereafter.

There is NO XIII Gear in the game, the highest item that I have come across is XII very rare.
I do believe you have to play on elite level to get a chance at very rare mk XII

some mk XI very rare is actually very very common and available everywhere with ease.
Go to memory alpha. go to exchange buy the craftable materials and craft it in the center of the starbase.
You can still get a Borg BO from one of those borg missions but there is a trick to it., since Officiant doesn't stack very well together, it makes sense to have only one bridge officer with that trait.

There is no reason stopping you from crafting these items, trading them on exchange and using the extra Energy credits to acquire these items that you seek.