Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2011, 02:44 PM
I would think it was a scam since they ask for your personal info. I would imagine they saw the competition and made a scam version of it...
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-07-2011, 03:07 PM
After googling their website, it appears that Atari is one of their customers. Leaning towards Legit. Congrats.

Also, in the small text on that competition, their listed as the company responsible for the prizes.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-07-2011, 03:12 PM
well if i win thats kinda cool.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-07-2011, 03:19 PM
The winner has not been selected yet as far as I am aware. This sounds very phishy and I would not respond. Work directly with Stormshade if you receive follow up emails.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-07-2011, 03:22 PM
The contest doesn't even seem to be over. I just entered myself in order to test it (I don't think I ever entered anyways).

So... unless they're just bad at updating their page it would seem untrue.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-07-2011, 03:23 PM
Will do...it would be nice if this was legit but im not getting my hopes up. Thanks Dstahl
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-07-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
The contest doesn't even seem to be over. I just entered myself in order to test it (I don't think I ever entered anyways).

So... unless they're just bad at updating their page it would seem untrue.
They are indeed bad at it. According to the rules, the time for entry ended December 14th (not the 31st like I thought, and wasted two weeks entering every day). The Game Agency is listed on the contest site, and their main site actually has the contest listed as one of their products/campaigns/whatever. I believe they are also in charge of the Design the Next Enterprise contest, which was abysmal. If I ever need a game to promote my product, I will not be hiring them.

The rules also say that the winner will be drawn approximately 3 days after the contest ends, so it could be that you actually won. Unfortunately, it is only for US residents (except Alaska, Hawai'i, and Rhode Island, and Cryptic/Intel/Atari). Basically you have 15 days to forge something and prove you're a US resident to get that sweet sweet chair.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-07-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
They are indeed bad at it. According to the rules, the time for entry ended December 14th (not the 31st like I thought, and wasted two weeks entering every day). The Game Agency is listed on the contest site, and their main site actually has the contest listed as one of their products/campaigns/whatever. I believe they are also in charge of the Design the Next Enterprise contest, which was abysmal. If I ever need a game to promote my product, I will not be hiring them.

The rules also say that the winner will be drawn approximately 3 days after the contest ends, so it could be that you actually won. Unfortunately, it is only for US residents (except Alaska, Hawai'i, and Rhode Island, and Cryptic/Intel/Atari). Basically you have 15 days to forge something and prove you're a US resident to get that sweet sweet chair.

could i sign it over to an american friend of mine?

like have them accept for me if it turns out to be the real deal?
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-07-2011, 03:56 PM
I highly doubt that. It'll likely go to someone else using whatever means they use to select people. If it's random them they'll likely give it to someone random. Or they'll upgrade 2nd to 1st and so on.

If you won and aren't American they are under absolutely no obligation to give you any chance to get the item. Heck, they might be legally obligated to NOT let you do anything like sign it over to a friend.

But lets just see if you actually won first.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-07-2011, 03:59 PM
yeah well im gonna wait for stormshade to get back to me with info.