Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoggyDude
Friend, let me tell you a vital secret!

You can ignore other players mate!

The fix for this is SIMPLE.

1) Your right click the players name in your chat window (assuming he has talked).
2) You choose "Ignore" from the drop down menu.
3) You change instances (to do this, right click on the "Instance Description" above the map and choose change instances).

In my experience, I never see the ignored player in the game again. Though prehaps there is a way around this, but I've certainly not had any more troubles after ignoring a player and moving away from their instance.

I could imagine if you ignored an "entire fleet" you might have problems when moving into an instance if the ignored people span the instances. In theory it will greate you a new instance specially to account for this situation.

Enjoy grief free playing (at least until the next player you have to ignore).
I placed them on Ignore right away and it did NOTHING to stop them.

My friends meet in that instance and we SHOULD NOT have to change our gameplay because of rude players.

Thank you for the useless tips.
Lt. Commander
# 12 Nice to meet you too
02-07-2011, 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugsington
I placed them on Ignore right away and it did NOTHING to stop them.

My friends meet in that instance and we SHOULD NOT have to change our gameplay because of rude players.

Thank you for the useless tips.
Yes, so they should have to change theirs huh. hypocrite.

I had sympathy with you before your response to me here, which leaves me rather thinking they possibly these people just met you *rolls eyes*.

Just so no one is misunderstand here, I'm not siding with any "Griefers". A person should have recourse to escape grief and harrassment. Right now there isn't that option without using ignore and changing instances so just try to be adult and live with it until a change can be made.

Ignore works well. If your not pris about things and dont feel "feel this or that instance is yours".

If they are your friends, they will meet up in any instance.

Yes, its sad that bad people drive good people to do things they don't want. Good people live with it. Thats how they avoid becomming bad people.

So, summary.. did feel for you. Offered you some advice. Got it thrown in my face. Delt with you like a child.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2011, 07:38 PM
Regardless of whether the victim can change instance or do whatever else to try and help against this form of griefing the fact of the matter at its very core is should this behavior be allowed to happen from the start?

For some reason there is a growing number of people on MMO's and the internet in general who feel that their sole purpose to being on that said internet is to make it difficult for others to enjoy themselves. Now I personally have no idea where or even how you can get your kicks from such childish behavior but obviously it exists.

Now Cryptic in this case regardless again if there are ways in which the victims can attempt to avoid this nuisance have a responsability to protect its customers from griefing and other such behaviors from other customers. You would never see stores in real life allowing people to have random punch ups in the middle of an aisle, why should online entertainment be classed as anything different?

While I understand that this isn't quite to the extent of a 'punch up' it is victimisation and its also degrading the value of the overall product not just for the victims in question but for observers also. Quite frankly if Cryptic take a back seat on this type of behavior then their product is not worth using.

As I said they have a care of duty over their customers and this sort of behavior should be shunned and punished. Best thing you can do I guess however is to put a ticket in.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2011, 07:44 PM
Quote:

So, summary.. did feel for you. Offered you some advice. Got it thrown in my face. Delt with you like a child.
Your advice was basically let the ice naders win and chase you off. Pretty sad advice.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2011, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippy-the-Weasel View Post
Your advice was basically let the ice naders win and chase you off. Pretty sad advice.
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2011, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler42 View Post
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines and Cryptic Studios Infraction Policy ~WishStone
Really? Go back and read the post. See if you can be any more constructive. The Sol Vanguard players were purposefully targeting him while at the fountain, catching half a dozen other players in the ice nades. He left, and they kept doing it. When he returned, they targeted him again.

Other than an annoyance feature, what purpose do the ice nades have, especially when used against large groups? If the purpose is to allow small groups to chase others out of instances, you are supporting the wrong side.
Lt. Commander
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=200932

Life is often "adverserial". Doing something to avoid conflict "letting them win" is sometimes the action of the bigger man (or better person).

Sure, its sad, but its true.

I am not saying "Do Nothing" I am saying "Do what you can right now". Your post here was a good start (before your reply to me). Name the purpurtrators and what has happened and move on.

However, if you are IMO stupid and stand your ground on a fight you can't possibly win at this time on principality your only hurting yourself and not helping (and I could do with listening to my own advice on other issues im sure lol). This was my "against" for the Op.

Summary:

Pro. putting a stop to griefing.
Con. removing choice.

Pro. retreat over senseless attack.
Con. Colonel Custer approach to greifers.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I thought Cryptic had disabled these useless items in social areas? Honestly, the introduction of these items were one of the worst decisions ever made by Cryptic, or at least in the Top 10.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=200932

Life is often "adverserial". Doing something to avoid conflict "letting them win" is sometimes the action of the bigger man (or better person).

Sure, its sad, but its true.

I am not saying "Do Nothing" I am saying "Do what you can right now". Your post here was a good start (before your reply to me). Name the purpurtrators and what has happened and move on.

However, if you are IMO stupid and stand your ground on a fight you can't possibly win at this time on principality your only hurting yourself and not helping (and I could do with listening to my own advice on other issues im sure lol). This was my "against" for the Op.

Summary:

Pro. putting a stop to griefing.
Con. removing choice.

Pro. retreat over senseless attack.
Con. Colonel Custer approach to greifers.
I don't think they are arguing about people having a choice , i think it's more about the choices people make. Why have speading laws.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MortarrKang
I thought Cryptic had disabled these useless items in social areas? Honestly, the introduction of these items were one of the worst decisions ever made by Cryptic, or at least in the Top 10.
yep, they better pull this item or get the ban hammers out.
Closed Thread