Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2011, 10:02 PM
I got disconnected by these poeple....

Screenshot

I can deal with the occasional dampener at space stations (I have been known to throw a few at peole who crowd around the tailors and exchanges). But causing insane lag and disconnections is just too much. Why would they throw dampeners AND smoke bombs? Some people are just asholes and all....but a line has to be drawn.
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xtorma View Post
I don't think they are arguing about people having a choice , i think it's more about the choices people make. Why have speading laws.
I'm not 100% sure what they are arguing about then. People are people. You get jerks and you get good people (with a smattering of, "whatever" people). STO is by enlarge filled with the latter kind of people.

I would quite like to see an end to all jerks in game. Though I don't want to do this by removing anything that could remotely be used to be jerky from social areas. Theres precious little interactables in Social Areas as it stands (in terms of things which include others) and I don't want to see the ones we have killed by good people trying to fight against jerks in such a way that takes fun out of the game for the people using the items responsibly.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-08-2011, 06:40 AM
I must agree with the OP here. granted all you out there say just switch instances have a valid point. But where would we be if someone didn't stand up and say "LOOK this is what is happening!" I mean this is easily attributed to real life situations. where would we be if the governments advisers to the pres back in world war 2 said " hmmm we'll just switch this paper around so that we can ignore Japan's attack on pearl harbor." well first we would have not have joined world war 2. and the world would be currently over run by Nazi's. so in essence why should a persons only way to resolve this issue be to run and hide?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-08-2011, 07:05 AM
This is actually a reason why I try and avoid Earth Space Dock in general unless I 'have' to go there for something, I personally believe all powers should be turned OFF in social areas unless they are pets :p
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-08-2011, 07:54 AM
i was under the impression you did the quest, once a day, went to the fountain and claimed the reward. How is it then that he and his fleet grief you all day long? Could it be you along with a lot of others are exlpoiting a flaw that allows you to continually claim rewards as long as you dont take the last item offered in the list so you can farm for purple items.

Personally i think you might be the one who needs to be banned for expoiting a known game glitch
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-08-2011, 08:34 AM
Even the best of people and Fleet's have their bad days. They will eventually see that their behavior was effecting people's play time and maybe even regret it. I have played with Sol Vanguard, and overall their members are very helpful and knowledgable about the game. Don't let the behaviors of a few, influence your attitude toward the entire Fleet as being one that you do not like. I'm sure that even some of their Fleet members had a discussion with them as how this could be preceived as "bad" behavior, and however appropriate being aggresive in PvP is, that maybe they went a little too far.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-08-2011, 08:43 AM
Guys, the forums are not the place to voice yourself about other players.

If there is a problem in the game of players breaking the rules; please report them to the game masters. Posting here will only lead to forum rules being broken - which leads to Wishy having to break out the Moderation Stick - and we'd rather not. Aye?

Aye.
Closed Thread