Lt. Commander
# 1 Mail Identifier
02-07-2011, 09:13 PM
It would be exceedingly helpful if there was a change implemented for the in-game mail system in one of two ways:

1) Send mail to the character it is addressed to, not the @handle

2) If an item is returned from the Exchange, either send it to the character that posted it or identify who it is for.

I have a bunch of mails in my inbox from the Exchange, have logged on to all of my characters and checked their mail, and still have 6 or 7 that don't seem to have an item attached. You can only retrieve the item with the character that posted it, so I'm at a loss.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2011, 07:38 AM
I agree, that is a problem. The moment they made it relevant who of my chars opened an email, the moment they have to add a "To" entry to the inbox.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Apologies for the infraction.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 04:52 PM
*points to the forum rules*
Please do not "bump" threads. If the topic is interesting to other users, it will be replied to. /bump and similar can get the thread closed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 05:18 PM
Yeah mort....no bumping....but you could always post something to the effect of "i'm surprised more people havn't commented on this" there's a bump without bumping!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2011, 05:25 PM
i'm surprised more people havn't commented on this!

I'm deleteing several empty 'auction returned' mails every day!
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-15-2011, 05:27 PM
Also, when you delete a mail there is a warning message which says "the attached items may take a while to return to their owner".

This does not actually happen - the items are *gone* and never return. And when you contact a GM about recovering the mailed items they will not help you.

So yes, the mail system could use some more improvement. Better than it was at launch, though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-15-2011, 05:45 PM
I agree, if auction items are tied to a specific character, then those emails should not be account wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror-Master
Also, when you delete a mail there is a warning message which says "the attached items may take a while to return to their owner".

This does not actually happen - the items are *gone* and never return. And when you contact a GM about recovering the mailed items they will not help you.

So yes, the mail system could use some more improvement. Better than it was at launch, though.
I disagree with the above poster, however, since I once accidentally deleted a returned auction house mail, and it did come back to me, with no tickets or GM interaction. It came back from some weird system address, but it did come back.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-15-2011, 05:51 PM
I support this -- I have a lot of toons, and at some point I'm going to have to log in as each one and clean out the mails, because I don't know which mail belongs to which toon.

Or AT LEAST put the toon's name in the email somewhere!
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-16-2011, 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
i'm surprised more people havn't commented on this!

I'm deleteing several empty 'auction returned' mails every day!
i've commented on this several times, the problem is that there are multiple threads covering the subject.....

with the introduction of season 3 the mail system changed.

whereas we used to receive mail from sender "expired sale item being returned" and it was possible to take that returned item by any character on your account, season 3 saw the mail now coming from sender "auction house" and only able to be retrieved from a specific character - from what i can tell that being the character that had posted it.

there has also been an issue where these expired sales have taken 1-2 months to be returned, the matter was listed as Under Investigation in the January engineering report.