Lt. Commander
# 1 Xp Boosts: Read This First!
02-07-2011, 09:53 PM
Hey, it has been mentioned that the XP Boosts can be sold after use. But it seems this bug has been downplayed by the fountain farming issue, among others. So I'm saying it here as a fair warning to anyone who wants to buy XP Boosts:

RIGHT CLICK THEM AND CHECK FOR A CHARGE BEFORE YOU BUY ONE.

It should say "1/1" at the bottom of the info window. If it says "0/1," you've been douped. Since they don't change color or look different once used, you have to check for a charge.

Screenshots:
With Charge
Without Charge

This presents a similar issue to the fountian farmers. People are deliberately explioting a bug in the game. In this case, it could be seen as a form of fradulent activity: selling used non-rechargable booss for full price on the exchange. I doubt there will be ant punishment for the guilty as this very quickly became very widespread. So the best thing any of us can do is tell others to be aware of what they're buying. In-game money comes and goes, but half a million (and I've seen the 8 hour ones for higher) EC can be hard to replace.

That's my selfless act. Now maybe the Continuum will allow me to come back...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-08-2011, 01:09 AM
It seems the issue will be resolved with today's patch.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-08-2011, 02:34 AM
I hope so....
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-08-2011, 01:31 PM
%&$%&%^@%&

I really hope the 8 hour one I bought for my boyfriend last night wasn't a dud. I will be so so ****ed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-08-2011, 02:07 PM
Yep, I got suckered out of 5 million creds.

CRYPTIC! I WANT TO BE REIMBURSED FOR YOUR BUG!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-08-2011, 02:09 PM
yeah this whole thing has been a fairly badly thought out anniversary while i salute the idea behind it i wish you guys could have anticipated the poor actions players who use to abuse and rip off other players.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Okay, I just cheched the exchange and there are still used XP Boosts available. I don't know if the patch changed this bug, or if the ones posted to the exchange were not effected by it. Either way, these things are still available.

No word yet on if they currently disappear (or somehow change appearance) upon use.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-08-2011, 07:48 PM
Good news: THEY DISAPPEAR NOW!!

Bad news: again, used boosts are still posted on the exchange. The patch seems to have skipped over these. So keep an eye out and check before you buy---these could be posted around for a while to come.