Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
I've played this game since open beta and have several Vice Admirals, but this is the first time I've ever seen ANY ship fire more then one Heavy Torpedo at me. Is this something new? Since it was an NPC that fired it, is it available to players somehow? Took my Retrofit Cruiser from full shields (Covariant) and full hull (over 50,000 hull points) down to no shields and 7% hull with one volley. I died quickly after that. This will change the way I fight Romulans from now on.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Romulans recently got an update for their role in the new featured series, so this could have something to do with that. Also, what difficulty setting are you playing on?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-08-2011, 10:28 AM
As far as I know, that's as recent addition to D'deridex-class battleships. It certainly makes things interesting, to say the least, and certainly a good excuse to invest in Beam: Fire at Will and Cannon: Scattervolley in the Romulan missions.

P.S. I play at Normal Difficulty, and I've seen them at that level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Yes i had this happen to me as well if you doing the romulan sectors i would suggest using BFAW 1-2-3 to counter this even the first one will counter this problem but watch out those romulans can be tricky
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-08-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerone
I've played this game since open beta and have several Vice Admirals, but this is the first time I've ever seen ANY ship fire more then one Heavy Torpedo at me. Is this something new? Since it was an NPC that fired it, is it available to players somehow? Took my Retrofit Cruiser from full shields (Covariant) and full hull (over 50,000 hull points) down to no shields and 7% hull with one volley. I died quickly after that. This will change the way I fight Romulans from now on.
Ya, Romulans got a revamp back in January to put 'em in line with both what's shown inthe Featured Episodes, and as a teaser for when they become their own playable faction.

D'deridex's got Torpedo Spread using Heavy Plasma as one of the upgrades. Makes 'em a bit of a challenge now instead of cannon fodder, and raises a new need - for a Point Defense Turret that actually has some intelligence, rather than the old Autpmated Defense Turret console that'd never keep up with the spread - if it wasn't distracted shooting at some fighter it couldn't possibly kill
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-08-2011, 10:59 AM
I was playing on normal difficulty. They're going to be terrors when they become their own playable factions with an ability like that.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-08-2011, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerone
I was playing on normal difficulty. They're going to be terrors when they become their own playable factions with an ability like that.
Not necessarily true. Klingon swordmasters are pretty uber, but that doesnt mean a Klingon player with a bat'leth is equally uber.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lerone
I've played this game since open beta and have several Vice Admirals, but this is the first time I've ever seen ANY ship fire more then one Heavy Torpedo at me. Is this something new? Since it was an NPC that fired it, is it available to players somehow? Took my Retrofit Cruiser from full shields (Covariant) and full hull (over 50,000 hull points) down to no shields and 7% hull with one volley. I died quickly after that. This will change the way I fight Romulans from now on.
That is the traditional Romulan welcome salute. We hope the rest of you... your stay will be equally pleasant.

---
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-08-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't think this is the only change the Romulans got, I fought the Mogai (Valdore) Escort inside the vault and it launched a set of "Cloaking Tractor Mines".

I think all the Romulan ships got something new, has anybody replayed the Romulan front and fought some Birds of Prey to see what they have?

Or maybe if the Scout Ship has been added?

I wouldn't put it past the Devs to be sneaky and revamp their ships and ground troops as part of the lead up to this series, and the later debut of the Star Empire as a playable faction.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-08-2011, 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katic View Post
I wouldn't put it past the Devs to be sneaky and revamp their ships and ground troops as part of the lead up to this series, and the later debut of the Star Empire as a playable faction.
Apparently, ground troopers now have a Thalaron Radiation drone that will pretty much kill you in 2 seconds, literally, if you let it get too close.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:31 PM.