Lt. Commander
# 11
05-01-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrshran View Post

Using the environment works wonders against tough enemies and bosses and your line of sight/ range and cover mechanics work together to create an exceptional blend of tactics for dealing with heavy damage.
It's funny when you say "use the environment" when I still get shot through the walls.
Lt. Commander
# 12
05-01-2011, 09:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarzhay View Post
It's funny when you say "use the environment" when I still get shot through the walls.
no kidding.... still the wall does work about 1 in 4 times, better than nothing(except when the beam goes around the wall and down the stairs and the vaporizes you....it made 2 turns, and down the ramp....)
Lt. Commander
# 13
05-04-2011, 01:31 AM
Tricorders could definitely play a larger role.

As for tactics (like ambushing), that's fairly built into the system.

I generally stick one boff on the near side of a mob then move the rest around the mob. This gives 4/5 of us a flanking bonus to damage, as well as increasing our chances of landing expose/exploit kills.
Lt. Commander
# 14
05-16-2011, 10:59 AM
Agreed, Tricorders need some loving and also look like the nemesis tricorder. What would be cool is if your tricorder was a bit of equipment that you craft/upgrade that affected stealth detection/ sensor range/ heal effectiveness - the list could go on.

I also really hope that when they overhaul the ground combat that they make the Photon grenades do some real damage, it is a tiny antimatter bomb after all! That being said all the weapons do piddle damage even with skilling up.
Lt. Commander
# 15
05-21-2011, 10:15 AM
cheer up they will soon be ruining this combat system into some kind of quasi FPS , bet it will be just like SWG s current system and we all know what a mess up that was , yes i ike the current system and fear for my enjoyment of the game in the near future .
Lt. Commander
# 16
05-21-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore
cheer up they will soon be ruining this combat system into some kind of quasi FPS , bet it will be just like SWG s current system and we all know what a mess up that was , yes i ike the current system and fear for my enjoyment of the game in the near future .
I like the current Ground set-up too (bugs aside, shooting through walls, delayed response of actions, etc.)

So fortunately, the "new" grodund mode is optional I'll still test drive it, though, I played Halo for years and still do now and then. A lot of people i played ground with during beta/right after launch (that also left the game) came from a fps background (Halo, CoD, etc.)

It would be great if those players came back to test the changes, at the same time people that weren't at first attracted to it became more involved in it. The ground q's would look like the space Q's.

And really, with so many changes (not only to the system itself, but to weapons, gear, etc.) there will be somewhat of a more level playing field, as players adjust.

There's a lot riding on this, but i think CS is more than aware, I don't believe they'll drop the ball this time.