Lt. Commander
# 1 Klingon "Diplomacy" corps
02-09-2011, 09:01 AM
Same abilities as the feds, but our missions would involve spreading propaganda, agent insertion and spying.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2011, 09:26 AM
I'd rather see a Conquest or Expansion system. This does not mean all mission have to be purely combat based, though to not have some combat would be odd to say the least. Think about the "Aid the Planet Missions" for the Feds, now think about something similar, but with e KDF spin, much like the episode "A Private Little War"
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2011, 10:06 AM
There have been people asking for this, (myself included even though I am exclusive fed)

Anyways, here's a link, show your support and something may be released one day.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=198132
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2011, 10:08 AM
Klingons...and diplomacy...?

I'm thinking Cowboy diplomacy as suitable for the Klingons...but we're doing that anyway! :p Brash risk-taking, intimidation, and military deployments! More or less like Kirk or Spock (even Starfleet officers are no exception to this)!
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drk2Sn View Post

I'm thinking Cowboy diplomacy as suitable for the Klingons...but we're doing that anyway! :p Brash risk-taking, intimidation, and military deployments! More or less like Kirk or Spock (even Starfleet officers are no exception to this)!
The difference is that the Fed side has an Alternate advancement track in the Diplomacy Corps. The KDF needs something similar. Personally I would call it a House system and allow for missions that "expand" the Empire, by force or otherwise to give us rank in the House system.

Note I'd like to see the Fed Diplo corps expand and become more meaningful, as I'd like to see a KDF House system have some meaning to it as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2011, 10:17 AM
Quote:

You didn't read my thread....did ya?
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2011, 10:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post
The difference is that the Fed side has an Alternate advancement track in the Diplomacy Corps. The KDF needs something similar. Personally I would call it a House system and allow for missions that "expand" the Empire, by force or otherwise to give us rank in the House system.

Note I'd like to see the Fed Diplo corps expand and become more meaningful, as I'd like to see a KDF House system have some meaning to it as well.
Of course, I do like the FDC system for the Fed side. To have similar system for the KDF, would have more meaningful for Klingon players. Do the Klingons have a word for "peacemaker" by now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleron
You didn't read my thread....did ya?
Read it? Yes. Beforehand? No. Does it matter? Maybe. Is that thread interesting? Very.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2011, 10:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varrangian View Post

/signed.

[quote]
Quote:
Do the Klingons have a word for "peacemaker" by now?
Chargh
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2011, 12:12 PM
I said something in a previous post, long ago, and I'll repeat it here.

Klingon Expeditionary Force.

Missions focus on acquiring assets for the Empire (or your house) through force. Assaults, gunboat diplomacy, sieges, honor duels, demonstrating the advantages to independent worlds in joining the Empire, evaluating worlds for conquest and exploitation, suppressing rebellions, etc.

The trick is to make the Klingon missions fairly overt, so that the eventual Romulan or Cardassian options can be covert.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-09-2011, 03:08 PM
I made a proposal with some considerate thought a while back. It included some subjugating and "Raid the Planet" type quests.... as well as an outlaw system in light of the good ol' days with Kirk.

It has themes that are common for all members of the KDF and not just Klingons, so there's immersion for everyone. Check it out below.:p