Lt. Commander
# 1 Why is there no "reboot" mmo?
02-09-2011, 04:22 PM
I mean seriously.... game cubes are instances, super-computer is the main hub, viruses are bosses, extreme customization in terms of characters. Every type of game can be made into an instance. Possible classes could be guardians, hackers, search engines, pirates, code masters, renegades, "specialty" (like AndrAIa)

All the ingredients are there, someone just needs to start baking.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-09-2011, 04:24 PM
you know I never thought about it but your right... that would be awsome. But I think the sprites in mainframe would cry if they learned that they were going to have a game cube dropped on them that never went away.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Bleh, reboot was okay. It's got a new movie coming out... but really. I wouldn't want to play it. Plus it's a bit infeasible since they literally played any game. You'd have to supply gameplay of too many different types. I could imagine it as a minigame thing but I hate minigames.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-09-2011, 04:35 PM
My favorite season of Reboot was when Matrix and company were traveling on pirate ship with mutant Bob. Really though, I think there's a better chance for a tron mmo....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-09-2011, 04:40 PM
I is crushed by all the thumbs downs...

Ah well, there would be people that would enjoy it and people that wouldn't so much. The every game is an instance was more of a something for everyone appeal deal. Perhaps "infected" systems could be the raids of this mmo (don't forget the web ).
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-09-2011, 05:14 PM
MMOs I would prefer to see...

1. Warhammer 40k MMO
2. Marvel MMO
3. Bleach MMO
4. Soul Eater MMO
5. My-Hime or My-Otome MMO
6. BESM MMO
7. Harry Potter MMO
8. 'Tales' MMO
9. Persona MMO
10. Fire Emblem MMO
11. Disgaea MMO
12. Avatar: The Last Airbender MMO (based on the cartoon, not the movie)

And I mean I would like to see quality MMOs made of these series. I know there are a couple that may have established free-to-grind MMOs out there, but I am referring to a fun MMO.

A system ready for importation to an MMO formula does not guarantee success (just look at The Matrix MMO). Especially in a market that is over saturated already with investors trying to be the next WoW. To do that, you will need the big bucks. To get the big bucks, investors look for something that would be low risk.

ReBoot does not have the established fanbase, canon, or scope to give confidence to those who would be investing in a quality MMO. You could probably find a company making a free to play MMO that may be interested in the ReBoot franchise, but those games tend to not have the quality you find in the premium MMOs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-09-2011, 06:04 PM
I assume you forgot to put "Pokemon MMO" as number 1 on your list.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-09-2011, 06:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
9. Persona MMO
There is an SMT mmo but you can't use a persona (seriously missed a trick there) also it's a f2p from a small developer that spends more time recolouring items for the cash shop than on new content. IMO the gameplay is good but it gets very grindy with so little content. Then again if you're patient/determined/have too much spare time it can be fun if you don't play everyday.

Edit: re-read your post, you probably already know about this :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-09-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenstein View Post
MMOs I would prefer to see...
MMOs hort would prefer to see...
  1. Hort Date
It's a short list.