Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Tribbles
02-15-2011, 10:36 PM
Guys Ive started to notice tribbles now have words after them (stash etc etc)

Can someone tell me what these words means ?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Each tribble belongs to a subspecies. Various subspecies can be fed different food items to breed different kinds of tribbles. The words after the tribble are just an abbreviated version of their subspecies name, which is usually the last name of a Cryptic team member (for example, there is a Stahl tribble, but it shows up as Stah)

They always had the subspecies listed under 'info', but several months ago they were updated to display the name, presumably to make it easier to identify them on the exchange or elsewhere.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-15-2011, 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubsST View Post
Guys Ive started to notice tribbles now have words after them (stash etc etc)

Can someone tell me what these words means ?
The Tribbles are named after the Dev's of the game....



Using only part of their last names. Dan Stahl = Stah Tribble... etc...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-16-2011, 12:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyNY View Post
The Tribbles are named after the Dev's of the game....



Using only part of their last names. Dan Stahl = Stah Tribble... etc...
You'd think Stahl being the EP would get a better tribble than the one everyone throws away!!!! :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jam062307 View Post
You'd think Stahl being the EP would get a better tribble than the one everyone throws away!!!! :p
He wasn't the EP when they created the tribbles.

Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-16-2011, 03:51 AM
They could always change them. They have the power. Just feed a STAL tribble (one of the most common) a good hunk of Delavian chocolate and it becomes the DSTAHL tribble. Upon activation it performs the Death Blossom. (for those of you younger than 20 that would be from The Last Starfighter)
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:08 AM.