Lt. Commander
# 1 Any full free trials?
02-15-2011, 05:18 PM
I wanted to sign up for a subscription but I just realized you need to buy the software along with the subscription fee. So if in fact you don't like the full gameplay you are out the cost of the software. Are there any full free trials coming up to see what the full content is like?

Thanks -
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-15-2011, 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiters
I wanted to sign up for a subscription but I just realized you need to buy the software along with the subscription fee. So if in fact you don't like the full gameplay you are out the cost of the software. Are there any full free trials coming up to see what the full content is like?

Thanks -

Dont think they have any full trials. The code 'STRAF-7XMLV-LN4DM-UWLWK-84YRQ' will get you a referal
trial, which as far as I know is the best currently available.

The thing is, the software comes with 30 days of gametime. You can get the digital deluxe edition for the
price of a month sub, so the software is effectivly free. You can also find places that have the standard box edition for under $10 that also include a month of time, last I checked Amazon and Target have it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-15-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotrap
Dont think they have any full trials. The code 'STRAF-7XMLV-LN4DM-UWLWK-84YRQ' will get you a referal
trial, which as far as I know is the best currently available.

The thing is, the software comes with 30 days of gametime. You can get the digital deluxe edition for the
price of a month sub, so the software is effectivly free. You can also find places that have the standard box edition for under $10 that also include a month of time, last I checked Amazon and Target have it.
Thanks for the tip. Also I plugged in that code, I will login tonight to see I can access more content with it to get a better idea of the how the game is played.

Thanks-
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-15-2011, 05:52 PM
No problem.... http://direct2drive.tellapal.com/a/clk/y2HYZ gets you 15% the $15 price at direct2drive btw, if you want to get the digital direct edition and not a box edition. Supposed to get me 20% off also if someone uses it, but I use steam..which also has it for $15 btw.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 06:10 PM
Hmm.... just found http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=155913 , and it seems the referral code
may give the same access as the demo...

I do have some buddy pass codes around still, if that is actually the case, pm me and I will get you one of those, that would give you full access for 10 days.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-16-2011, 03:23 AM
The trial definitely needs reworked. I wouldn't mind if it locked people to Lt.-10 rank and let them play a few more missions, but as it is you can't even visit your own bridge. Which is odd. (Unless they changed that.) You can wander ESD or sector space after the Azura, which is really boring since you can't really do anything in either.