Lt. Commander
# 1 Fountain Event Is Over
02-10-2011, 10:23 AM
It's so good to be right:

From Dstahl Himself:

"Worst .... Fountain .... Ever!

I take full credit for Q's shenanhigans.

I can assure you, Q has been sent back to the continuum with an instruction manual on how to make reward tables in persistent zones that are scoped properly.

What a jerk that Q. I hope he never tries a stunt like that again."

And

"I'm going to go ahead and close this thread now that the even is over the fountain fishing is gone.

I've taken a note to improve the way it works should we ever do something like the Benevolent BeQuests daily in the future."

You have restored my Faith in You Dstahl!

Too bad so many posters after your first announcement had to beg for another event just like it.

I assure you there are a lot of people out here that just didn't speak up as we were always beaten down by those who were abusing the system.

We appreciate this even though we missed out on all the goodies, this makes up for it somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2011, 10:44 AM
You know, he closed that thread for a reason. Poorly done, reposting this.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2011, 10:52 AM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2011, 11:05 AM
You really ought to stop throwing around words like "oppression" and "victim" so lightly.

Hopefully, you'll never have to actually feel what its like to BE oppressed, or be a victim of some actual crime or event.

I'd go on another rant about a sense of entitlement or something, but we're supposed to be moving on, so if you insist on bringing up the victim card again, please let it be the last time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2011, 11:07 AM
A simple solution would have been to have the fountain reward those crates from Aid the Planet missions, scaled to level of the looter.

No more fishing since you wouldn't even know the reward until you accepted the item and opened it in your inventory. Plus since the loot from the fountain is only 1 item no more exploiters with only 2 open inventory spaces able to loot over and over again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2011, 11:11 AM
I look forward to another event set up exactly the same way so I can watch another bunch of silly melodramatic complaint threads about it pop up.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes, I'll console myself with the full bank of purples. Due solely to my superior reflexes, I thanks you Q, dstahl and crew.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I never even got this fountain to work

so annoyed

Tried multi servers and asking in chat, approach fountain and click 'play in fountain'

yeah only option I have is beam to ship........
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post

so annoyed

Tried multi servers and asking in chat, approach fountain and click 'play in fountain'

you accepted the daily quest from Q right? I don't mean the quest with the trivia questions either
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badem View Post

so annoyed

did you accept the mission from Q first?
Closed Thread