Lt. Commander
# 11
09-02-2011, 04:32 AM
I do hope they get around to customisable NCC/NX numbers for NPCs, kinda defeats the purpose of building an excellent story if we can't even customise that.
Lt. Commander
# 12
09-02-2011, 05:38 AM
I would counter that story has very little to do with that one aspect. IT does affect immersion in the story though.
Lt. Commander
# 13
09-02-2011, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
I would counter that story has very little to do with that one aspect. IT does affect immersion in the story though.
Well it also opens up the door for people to do Star Trek Online Machinima which could be fun. I can't see it as a loss for them if people have to pay to use the editor/foundry.

Either way, I hope to get around to adding this simple little feature that should have been there from the start.
Lt. Commander
# 14
09-02-2011, 10:27 AM
I will grant you that for machinima it does help greatly. While I would also say that it opens up another problem of everyone including canon vessels (enterprise,excelior,etc) I think the tos Connie already has the hull registry =D
Lt. Commander
# 15
09-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by castmodean View Post
I will grant you that for machinima it does help greatly. While I would also say that it opens up another problem of everyone including canon vessels (enterprise,excelior,etc) I think the tos Connie already has the hull registry =D
Well I cant really see what their problem is with preventing people from putting in names and numbers of canon ships. In the end, it's a "GAME", and we're the ones "PAYING" them for this game, they should damn well give us customers what we want already, or this game is destined to die off sooner or later.
Lt. Commander
# 16
09-02-2011, 11:10 AM
Yeah thi isn't currently doable, however, I've never seen a registry like that. I'm using a Defiant costume myself in a mission, and it just has a normal registry.

You'll find they all have a default, the ship decal name actuall changes to the contact name properly, but they default the registry number. can be a little annoying when the galaxy refit uses NCC-a701-D which leaves you with using the Captain rank variant (tho i think the skins are near identical). Also Excelsiors are defaulted to NCC-2000.

Its minor, but hopefully they add another field for registry changes.