Lt. Commander
# 1 C store very expenssive
02-09-2011, 11:49 PM
I can say that c store is overpriced.
I have a lifetime sub and im happy with it but to buy a costume and not a costume pack for 2 euro or even more is rediculous.
The price does not reflect it.
I can say that c store is a big turn off to the game.You want to earn money?ok make our purchases worth the money we want to spent.
I still dont understand your system.If prices were reflecting for real,everyone could buy some things.Now they buy only super startrek fans or those who have money to burn.
Pls fix the prices they are rediculous.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2011, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alblaze
I can say that c store is overpriced.
I have a lifetime sub and im happy with it but to buy a costume and not a costume pack for 2 euro or even more is rediculous.
The price does not reflect it.
I can say that c store is a big turn off to the game.You want to earn money?ok make our purchases worth the money we want to spent.
I still dont understand your system.If prices were reflecting for real,everyone could buy some things.Now they buy only super startrek fans or those who have money to burn.
Pls fix the prices they are rediculous.
Over priced compared to what?

You have the money for a lifetime Sub but not a 2 costume piece?

While there's a certain argument for reducing prices to increase demand, the sheer number of people I see running round the game with C-store items is quite large proving there is a healthy deamnd for the items.

Unfortunately your post offers nothing useful in the way of suggestion; any particular costume piece, what level of reduction etc; and merely comes across as a rant based on the fact you want things for free/cheap purely because you have a LTS... I've no problem with being wrong on that assumption but appearances are just that... bad.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2011, 01:44 AM
Everything in the c store is overpriced by definition. The c store is satan incarnate. The c store is a well of broken promises about everything that is available in there also being available in game via other means. The c store encourages a particulr sort of madness where people buy the boxed game, pay a monthly subscription (or $200) AND then pay for yet more pixels that they don't even own after they have bought them (all accounts remain the property of Cryptic/Atari). This game could end up being the most expensive in gaming history when you start totting it all up.

Does noone else think it convenient that the (completely and utterly useless) delta flyer was dumped in the c store just as the first mission was released which required a shuttle? Was the whole mission created just to improve c store sales? Why, yes - yes it was. I wonder how many people panic bought the delta flyer from the c store thinking they needed it to do the mission. I wonder if Cryptic was actually hoping this would be the case? Making money is now even driving the content of missions - THAT is what the c store is doing to this game.

Justify it all you will but it is a very dark road we travel down. This is how these things start, insidious tendrils of corruption begin to tease at the edges of the game............
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2011, 01:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathen666 View Post
Over priced compared to what?

You have the money for a lifetime Sub but not a 2 costume piece?

While there's a certain argument for reducing prices to increase demand, the sheer number of people I see running round the game with C-store items is quite large proving there is a healthy deamnd for the items.

Unfortunately your post offers nothing useful in the way of suggestion; any particular costume piece, what level of reduction etc; and merely comes across as a rant based on the fact you want things for free/cheap purely because you have a LTS... I've no problem with being wrong on that assumption but appearances are just that... bad.
"Over priced" compared to just about anything you care to mention. Anything you buy but is not real and you do not even actaully own is madness.

His post does not have to offer a suggestion. He is perfectly within his right to simply protest something he believes is wrong. And your post comes across as overly agressive and arrogantly dismissive for no reason I can see.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-10-2011, 04:12 AM
400 atari points, 2000 atari points... sounds like a lot.

but your OP ship builds, like the EXCELSIOR, or GAL-X are like 20 bucks.
and your REALLY cool crap, liek the delta flyer are like 5 bucks.
your cool, but silly stuff, like clothes and pets, set you back 1-2 bucks.

once you get this stuff, you have it forever!
and you never need this stuff to become a superior player.
or even a good one.

a star trek plastic model costs you 10-20 bucks, plus $10-20 in paint/glue supplies.
a "barbie doll" sets you back 5-10 dollars, and new sets of clothes costs 5 bucks a pop!!!
and you can't set your barbie doll into "seductive" mode, or give her vulcan ears!!!
personally i like orions and andorians)

if you think about it... the crap you get in this game is actually a good deal if you are a star trek fan or collector!!!!

in fact the Gal-X and the garumba suck pretty hard!

but it provides revenue for cryptic employees, who will give us more content! <---

--> in fact, i often wonder why the devs don't tap into the star trek universe more, and generate even MORe revenue!??! <--

god knows i'd buy half of it.

mainly because a cup of coffee at dunkin donuts costs me a "delta flyer" now a days.

maybe i fell this way because the american empire is financially screwed, and i essentially wipe my arse with my own currency now a days.

last time i checked 2 pounds/euros was roughly $4.

if you can't shell out 4 bucks for a really cool add on, or 20 bucks for a ship that helps noobs pwn...
well maybe you shouldnt buy it.

"i want a ferrarri, but their too expensive... please make then costs $2000."
well TOO BAD!
it costs monmey to make a luxury car, and if i can't afford one i do not get one.

--> it costs money to hire and provide for programmers/coders to make cool MMO add on junk.
these guys need to live and their kids need to eat. <--

if you can't afford their product... DON'T BUY IT!

trust me:
the laws of the free market apply here.
if they overprice their product, less people will buy it and one of the two following events will occur:
1) they will lower the price
2) they will stop making stuff

but i have a feeling cryptic has found a happy equilibrium with the C-store.

and i hope they continue to provide more oportunities to make money off this game so they continue to roll out new content and keep (or one day lower) the monthly cost relatively low.

but without people liek the OP complaining, there will be nothing driving the price down, which is part of the free market as well

HOWEVER, i don't want noob players buying their way to Pwn-age without it costing them $10-30 more then i play!!!
if overpowered ships cost 2 bucks... i'll get pretty ****ed!

either shell out the coins for your new intrepid build, or earn your 500 emblems like everyone else!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rek View Post
a star trek plastic model costs you 10-20 bucks, plus $10-20 in paint/glue supplies.
a "barbie doll" sets you back 5-10 dollars, and new sets of clothes costs 5 bucks a pop!!!
and you can't set your barbie doll into "seductive" mode, or give her vulcan ears!!!
personally i like orions and andorians)

if you think about it... the crap you get in this game is actually a good deal if you are a star trek fan or collector!!!!
With respect......... what the heck are you talking about? If you go to a store and buy a star trek model you end up with a REAL thing that you actually own and is yours forever. If you buy something from the C store, you get something that DOES NOT exist, is NOT real, You do NOT actually own and is only yours until the days comes when Cryptic turn the game off which happens to all mmos sooner or later.

Everything, and I do mean everything, about the C-Store is madness.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-10-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wd_harding
Does noone else think it convenient that the (completely and utterly useless) delta flyer was dumped in the c store just as the first mission was released which required a shuttle? Was the whole mission created just to improve c store sales? Why, yes - yes it was.
Of course it was to improve sales. Its was a great time to advertise and sell a new product. Do you know nothing about business strategies? But you forget that time item is also soon to be craftable, so your complaints are noted yet come across very bitter and null. If you don't like what is being sold, or dislike the price structure, then don't pay. Surely if you feel it is not worth the money, you can object to this by not spending anything on this.

Quote:
With respect......... what the heck are you talking about? If you go to a store and buy a star trek model you end up with a REAL thing that you actually own and is yours forever. If you buy something from the C store, you get something that DOES NOT exist, is NOT real, You do NOT actually own and is only yours until the days comes when Cryptic turn the game off which happens to all mmos sooner or later.

Everything, and I do mean everything, about the C-Store is madness.
Yet everything is material, whether this is digital or a piece of plastic. And sooner or later are clearly two very different events, so which is it? But i get it, you don't like the C-Store, so don't buy anything from it. Don't you understand how simply it is?

Cryptic has done us gamers a huge favour by allowing almost every ship to be earned with an in-game currency, yet a few people will never be happy it seems. Far too many Medals to earn now is it next? Its an MMO, grind a little. The simple fact is we have options. If its an impluse buy you want, you have that option if you want to part with your cash. If you do not wish to part with what you have earned, then play and earn it that way. If it takes three months, so be it. Everything in life is material, and i know for sure i can do a lot more (and enjoy this a lot more ) with a digital item than a model that sits and gathers dust on a shelf. Its each to our own. If you prefer a model, so be it, yet i see that as a waste of money and junk that loses its novelty fast. I've collected enough crap over the years to know that i have very little use and space for everything.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Technically it is all real and physical.

All the data that makes up the C-Store items and our accounts are physically stored on Harddrives. :p
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-10-2011, 06:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green117 View Post
Of course it was to improve sales. Its was a great time to advertise and sell a new product. Do you know nothing about business strategies? But you forget that time item is also soon to be craftable, so your complaints are noted yet come across very bitter and null. If you don't like what is being sold, or dislike the price structure, then don't pay. Surely if you feel it is not worth the money, you can object to this by not spending anything on this.

Yet everything is material, whether this is digital or a piece of plastic. And sooner or later are clearly two very different events, so which is it? But i get it, you don't like the C-Store, so don't buy anything from it. Don't you understand how simply it is?

Cryptic has done us gamers a huge favour by allowing almost every ship to be earned with an in-game currency, yet a few people will never be happy it seems. Far too many Medals to earn now is it next? Its an MMO, grind a little. The simple fact is we have options. If its an impluse buy you want, you have that option if you want to part with your cash. If you do not wish to part with what you have earned, then play and earn it that way. If it takes three months, so be it. Everything in life is material, and i know for sure i can do a lot more (and enjoy this a lot more ) with a digital item than a model that sits and gathers dust on a shelf. Its each to our own. If you prefer a model, so be it, yet i see that as a waste of money and junk that loses its novelty fast. I've collected enough crap over the years to know that i have very little use and space for everything.
Nope, medals are fine because they can be earnt by playing the game rather than by spending real money - it's quite simple really.

The everything is material speech is insubstantial hogwash. There is nothing material about the things put in the C store no matter how your try to dress it up with spurious philosophy.

As for the "Crytpic has done us a huge favour" line, that tells me all I need to know about your mindset and how pointless it would be for me to debate this further with you.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-10-2011, 06:22 AM
Quote:
Nope, medals are fine because they can be earnt by playing the game but by spending real money - it's quite simple really.

The everything is material speech is transindental hogwash. There is nothing material about the things put in the C store no matter how your try to dress it up with spirious philosophy.

As for the "Crytpic has done us a huge favour" line, that tells me all I need to know about your mindset and how pointless it would be for me to debate this further with you.
Actually, everything is material, and the older and more aware of how life works, the clearer this becomes. I don't have to dress this up, unlike this apparent overpriced dress you've applied to the C-Store. Don't use it. Just exactly how many times do people have to keep repeating this?

My mindset? Wow, you don't like an opinion, and thats it? Your mindset tells me that you wish to never part with cash on one thing yet i'd personally love to see your expenses based on a normal month, as i'm sure i could argue with some of the silly things you (and we) all evidently waste money on. There is nothing wrong with my mindset when i can understand a companies business model. Yet you have this C-Store chip on your shoulder. To remove this chip, don't use the service. Its quite simple really.

What do you exactly mean by "medals are fine because they can be earnt by playing the game but by spending real money?" Are you now complaining about the subscription charge? If this is the case, clearly this game or this genre of gaming is not for you.

Any way, i have a lecture now, so i'll tune in later :p