Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2011, 09:32 PM
Well, we know they're still working on the targ breeding idea.

So when that gets finished, that can be the counter to the Fed's "Tribble" system.

That would be multiple breeds of targs, and probably allow them to give buffs or be fighting pets or something.

So the C-Store / Fountain targs can be different, be "outside" of that breeding system, and then both sides can have both the targs and the sehlats, which would be ONLY vanity pets like they are now.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2011, 09:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXLocutusXx
well they were looted by feds so now there all over esd.. just seen 5 people haven targs.. its abit late now to have them just klingon.. (ps i play klingon alot..iam sure you seen my posts )

but whats done is done and I think its fair now to just allow it to be adjusted so everyone may have them... and again there is no set rule only klingons can have them. Iam sure there are animal "hunters" that seek out "pets" for people/citizens of starfleet.
Im just tired of them blurring the lines of the faction...all the mixing and matching just raises the question of why are there two factions anyway. We might as well all be green skinned with antennas...just make one side wear blue and the other side wear red...because a different and immersive faction experience isnt a concern apparently.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2011, 09:49 PM
I'm all for the OP here, I was only able to participate in the daily a couple times, do to a computer issue and all I got was food. I didn't have a chance to claim the targ.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2011, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Im just tired of them blurring the lines of the faction...all the mixing and matching just raises the question of why are there two factions anyway. We might as well all be green skinned with antennas...just make one side wear blue and the other side wear red...because a different and immersive faction experience isnt a concern apparently.
Funny how that's kinda like Real Life...

People use to complain loudly (and some still do) about how the different races inter-mingling will dilute the gene pool and cause the ruination of mankind...

Ignorance may be bliss but sometimes, it's just plain foolish...
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2011, 11:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
The fountain ones were also unfair as most of them were snatched up by people "exploiting", unworthy of having them.
Lol - exploit? I just hit the accept button real quick on my 1st try and got it.

But yeah, you feds want targs - fine, but give Klink side access to the Gold Tribble while you are at it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2011, 11:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
The fountain ones were also unfair as most of them were snatched up by people "exploiting", unworthy of having them.
Not sure how this was an exploit, Crypic said thats how it was supposed to work. It's in another thread somwhere.
Also if it was a so called exploit, then that would have been breaking the games EULA and people should have been banned OR Cryptic should have turned off the fountain.

I think it's just silly to see all this hatred for people who played in the fountain and then they call people cheaters for doing so EVEN when we where told it was ok to do!

Please stop calling it an exploit.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-11-2011, 02:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Lol - exploit? I just hit the accept button real quick on my 1st try and got it.

But yeah, you feds want targs - fine, but give Klink side access to the Gold Tribble while you are at it.
hey iam fine with sharing everything.. so yeah allow klinks to have the gold tribble

And again, i did manage to get 2 targs from the pool, and i think its fair now that it be adjusted on the cstore so that others that missed out on the action get them. I mean it states on the cstore KLINKs can only use them.. but they allow feds to loot them... they did the move themselves now well, the box has been opened so allow us to havem on our feds
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-11-2011, 02:48 AM
I'm all for 'if one faction has it then the other should too (or a counterpart at least)'. I purchased the targ and tribble and wasn't thilled that an item I purchased (yes I know it said Klingon only and that's what I paid for, unlike some I can read), others could not only get it for free (that wasn't really my gripe bceause c store is account wide not character specific) but I couldn't use my c store item because it was restricted. If an item is restricted in the c store then it should be restricted in game otherwise what's the point? By all means give the Klingons the riv tribble OR at some point deny the Klingon faction tribbles but give them combat targs that do the same as tribbles (resist/dmg buffs etc).
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-11-2011, 12:09 PM
combat targs would be pretty slick for kdf, but again, they need to allow feds to be able to claim the targ now, and also kdf the tribbles they have not yet recieved.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-11-2011, 01:17 PM
A while a go I made a prediction along the lines of this:
  • Feds will whine and demand Klingon Toons - Whine Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand Cloaked Ships - Whine Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand Ships with Universal Boff Slots - Whine Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand KDF Faction Boffs - Whine Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand Pet Targs - Whine Partly Successful
  • Feds will whine and demand Klingon Vessels
  • Feds will whine and demand access to the Klingon Only Missions
  • Feds will whine and demand access to Qo'nos

Its sad but we have now reached over the half way point on my list.
Its like a bloody nursery in here, with children screaming because they want the toy the other kid has, not because they actually want it, but because the other kid does.

KDf faction players get a hard time on these forums, every day there are threads created stating the the KDF faction are always whining that they dont have enough lovin.
Well here is a shock for you, we dont!

You can have the targs, the Cloaks, the KDF boffs and the Universal Boff Slots, But that it, no more, give us the same level of clothing customisation, give us the same level of ship customisation. Give us the same number of PvE missions (and no not player made pap, proper missions!). Give us access to the rest of the galaxy or at least a similar sized area restricted to just our faction!!!

Yes,, I know a lot of KDF stuff is being created and will eventually arrive, and when it does, then and only then you can start spitting your dummy out of your pram and starting screaming about sodding equality when it comes to the factions, on that day yes you can have what ever the KDF faction has left of its own!