Lt. Commander
I was thinking today, strange I know.

The Federation has Diplomacy as it's "thing".

The Romulans are espionage experts.

The Klingons...they have nothing...but Honor...

So I was thinking, why not rename the Honor currency on the KDF side something else (KDF Merits, etc) and create an Honor system based on selections made in combat missions...

Have some awarded missions and change some explore missions so that you can choose to say, duel a rogue klingon (for Honor) to resolve the mission or just shoot him down (dishonor or negative honor) to resolve the mission.

Fight a group of people on a colony front on, or go poison their air purifiers nearby and let it debuff them before going in and beating them down.

Honor would garner you discounts at Klingon vendors and maybe a bonus to XP in the missions of this style as well as opening up some items for sale. Maybe at a high honor rank you can summon a member of Kahless' honor guard to assist you (like a ground Swordmaster) or activate a special holoprojector that Kahless gives you to create a temporary Kahless on the ground or ship in space (one time use but doesn't die til you zone or it's destroyed)

Dishonor would increase the cost of things on Qo'nos and other Klingon facilities but maybe allow you to buy expensive one time use items on say Drozana from a Ferengi weapons smuggler (Thalaron mine drone device for example doesn't die til destroyed or you zone) something excessively dishonorable in it's usage...

Thoughts?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2011, 04:22 PM
I LOVE this idea.

C'mon Cryptic, you've been saying you'd like something equivelent to Diplomacy for the Klingons, this is it! The Federation is known for using diplomacy on dealings with other races. What is the Klingon Empire known for? Well, other than large foreheads, HONOR! (Or sometimes, lack thereof... I'm looking at you, Duras)

Mr. Stahl!

Daniel... Dan... Buddy! What do you think? Can we pretty please have something like this??
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-10-2011, 05:01 PM
I have a similar idea that would utilize "honor" as a xp source. This is a very basic summery, but what I propose is that the unique thing for the KDF is the "Klingon House". Even if Orions, Nausicaans, and Gorn can't/don't have their own houses in the new restructured Empire, they could align with one.

Essentially the Diplomacy corps works like this for the Feds.
First layer
Random
- Aid the Planet Missions
- Non-combat ground missions
- Non-combat space missions (or scan the vessels with combat).
Second layer
Same missions as above, but you are asked to go to X location.
Third layer
First contact missions (10 points for failure, 20 points for success)

Now there is room for improvement above, but this is the basic way it works and I don't see that changing, just being added to.

Klingon House system
First layer
Random
- Aid the Planet with the Klingon spin. If you have not seen "APrivate Little War" read the synopsis. Basically we would be given them crates of weapons or other offensive materials in place of what the "helpful" materials the Feds give.

- Rebellion Defense
New Combat (space and ground) missions to squash rebellions in the Empire. Take the same combat missions we have now and make them about ending rebellions in parts of the Empire.

Third layer
Occupation mission
A non-combat mission that allows the officer to coerce the new species to join the Empire. Now hold your horses, I know, I know how in the world could a Klingon possibly do something without combat? But bear with me.... Actually watch this (2:25 to 6:50)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zm2Jt...eature=related

Now imagine if you will we are in the brig of my KDF ship and I interrogate 3 prisoners to find out information about this new species (rather than wine and dine three envoys like the Feds). I then use this information to make demands and threats towards the leaders of this new species. (failure results in 10 points, success 30)

Eventually I'd like to both failure and success options require more work and I'd like to see our positions in the Diplo Corps and Houses have more meaning in the game, possibly eventually tying into the end game of territory expansion/competition.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-10-2011, 05:11 PM
My Idea for house combat would fit into that honor system well. I have posted about it a few times, the jist of it, I'll repost right here..

Repost

I had made a couple posts ages ago for klingon combat for a house conflict system to counter the diplomatic system for feds.

It would involve 2 or more houses you could join and build rep with.
It would involve a series of possibly repeatable quests to build rep with different houses.
after a day or a week of doing these quests the house with the highest rep "wins" this could unlock the ability to purchase special house weapons, or crafting or trophies, little things like that. Make each house have unique things, so to collect everything you'll want to switch houses to do all the quests. An example is having one of the rewards unlock combat targs for 1 family that may specialize in training targs. After the quests finish for the week or more have them reset so you can join same or different houses again.

The quests can range from a variety of inter-family conflicts. Espionage, melee fights, ship combat, etc.
It would help expand the functionality of Qo'nos and the outdoor parts, as well as even Rura penthe, say you have to free one of your family from prison

There are boundless oppurtunites for this. This is kind of a recap, since my old posts with this were almost a year ago

---so that could be combined with the honor system your talking about...
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-15-2011, 07:34 PM
I was also thinking that Aid Planet could be re-purposed for the Honor system as well with the Captain choosing to Aid or Raid a planet in turmoil due to a plague/natural disaster.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-15-2011, 07:44 PM
10/ characters