Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
We can already set the position of each individual actor in NPC groups, but please allow us to set the position of the actors(aka BOs) in the player's group. This would allow people to make missions without the BOs present(or a limited number) by moving the actors they dont want off the map or behind a wall.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-10-2011, 03:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This would allow people to make missions without the BOs present(or a limited number) by moving the actors they dont want off the map or behind a wall.
And how would those missions function if a team chooses to do them together?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
And how would those missions function if a team chooses to do them together?
Some of the players would then be locked out of the mission. We already know that this is what will happen, because this can already be done in The Foundry and it does happen.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-10-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
And how would those missions function if a team chooses to do them together?
A comment could be left in the mission description stating that it is not designed to be played by teams.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
would allow people to make missions without the BOs present(or a limited number) by moving the actors they dont want off the map or behind a wall.
I'd rather that they allowed us to specify away team size in the beam down transition, e.g. 2 away team members only, like they do in some missions in the game e.g. Patrol Beytan System.

Using shims or silly workarounds like spawning boffs off the map is not healthy to implement as a feature request, because it has unforseen effects.

As the tools haven't been finalized yet, we should be asking for better, smarter ways to solve issues and allow new features.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-11-2011, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
Some of the players would then be locked out of the mission. We already know that this is what will happen, because this can already be done in The Foundry and it does happen.
I guess I was asking a rhetorical question then

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocking74 View Post
A comment could be left in the mission description stating that it is not designed to be played by teams.
I'd rather have other options, as apparently some players ignore mission descriptions and just move on to the combat and the l00t. Nice avatar by the way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galactrix View Post
I'd rather that they allowed us to specify away team size in the beam down transition, e.g. 2 away team members only, like they do in some missions in the game e.g. Patrol Beytan System.
I actually think this is probably already a factor of the map itself. As in an extra field/property for maps specifying "This Map Supports X Bridge Officers". I'm pretty certain that's what Cryptic uses internally in their engine anyway, but I agree that having it as a factor of the transition itself would offer more interesting options.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I'd rather have other options, as apparently some players ignore mission descriptions and just move on to the combat and the l00t.
It could be argued then that it is their own fault if issues were to arise from not having read the description, but having said that, considering what Galactrix suggested; that would likely be the better and less buggy option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
Nice avatar by the way!
Thank You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfPit View Post
I actually think this is probably already a factor of the map itself. As in an extra field/property for maps specifying "This Map Supports X Bridge Officers". I'm pretty certain that's what Cryptic uses internally in their engine anyway, but I agree that having it as a factor of the transition itself would offer more interesting options.
I'd be very interested in seeing how this could work in the Foundry. I've only just started playing around with it after returning to STO this month. Before I realised I couldn't limit the BOs - I had started putting together a little briefing dialogue map on one of the Bridges - which naturally doesn't work with four NPCs getting stuck in the small geometry.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-11-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocking74 View Post
I'd be very interested in seeing how this could work in the Foundry.
I think we all are. This is a very important feature indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocking74 View Post
I've only just started playing around with it after returning to STO this month.
Welcome back and I hope you enjoy the game even more than you did before!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hocking74 View Post
....which naturally doesn't work with four NPCs getting stuck in the small geometry.
These issues are hopefully going to be resolved in the near future. I think we're talking weeks if not days.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-12-2011, 06:30 AM
Unrelated in a way but this discussion made me think about away team placement.

SO you are in a mission with 4 other people, allowing us to move the spawn points of those people may open options for missions were you must rescue your team mates (who spawned in a brig behind a forcefield for example), or have the mission being completed by 5 people along 5 different routes etc.

But yeah, the ability to specify how many to beam down is needed to avoid the trickery used atm.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-13-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynik View Post
SO you are in a mission with 4 other people, allowing us to move the spawn points of those people may open options for missions were you must rescue your team mates (who spawned in a brig behind a forcefield for example), or have the mission being completed by 5 people along 5 different routes etc.
I'd love to be able to do that.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:29 AM.