Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
we can already do that?
Yes.

Mavar
Lt. Commander
# 112
02-15-2011, 11:56 AM
I don't know if anyone has asked this question or not (or if it has been answered), but are there any plans to patch the Caitians so they can have hair?

I seem to recall the only Caitian we've really seen on Star Trek had big poofy orange hair. Yet, all the Caitian STO characters have none at all.
Lt. Commander
# 113
02-15-2011, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
Q: picardalpha2clearance: Is there a chance we could have a Bridge Officer only Transfer/Exchange?

A: Yes. We are discussing adding a officer requisition "exchange" that would allow players to list officers they would like to put up for trade to other starship captains. The goal being that this list would also show what skills they've learned and make it much easier to trade Bridge Officers. This may be incorporated into the new Duty Officer system, or it may be its own system. That is still TBD, but on the table. Look for this as early as Season 4 release, but it might be Season 5. (and sorry that I can't answer every question you might have.)

I gave a detailed description on how my idea for this exchange could be amazing!
Thanks Dan! for trying and noticing! I appreciate it!
A related idea I recently had was giving Fleets something like a Personnel bank for exchanging not only Bridge Officer Candidates, but also Duty Officers whenever those become available. Giving NPC officers to a fleetmate should be a satisfying alternative to selling them on the open market like so much cattle.

I would like to see Duty Officers as fully tradeable and never bound to a character. That will help to create the sense of crew as people who might get reassigned to new ships.
Lt. Commander
First of all thank you for the game, my wife hates you, but who cares.
Can the all of bridge officers use the commander rank abilities in space since the bridge officers use the commander rank abilities on the ground combat.
Can the Infected, terradome, cure and the other missions be made for (solo) captain and bridge officers since it takes to long to assemble a team of players ( I don't have the time it takes to wait on other people and then complete the mission) . I'm currently trying to play the infected fact or fiction but its hard trying to find team members who are at that point. I did manage to play the end portion of infected which was completed only I did not get the credit for it because I'm at fact or fiction.
I know there are portions of th missions that need three people to complete "infected" so could these missions have a solo selection. Also speaking of these missions what is the deal with these super borg that don't take damage.
Why after reaching VA every ship or ground unit you come across is the same level as you, does that mean that they are all VA's and have VA ability. I know you don't want to have a cake walk for everything but odds are you are not going to come up against VA's everywhere.

On a side note can you add an extra slot to all weapons and consoles that would be great.
Lt. Commander
# 115 docking shuttles
02-15-2011, 01:32 PM
ive waited along time,, you shouldnt have to go to a starbase to grab a shuttle.since all of trek history there was a shuttle bay.we need a shuttle bay asap...........what you think the tail of our ships are for looks???
Lt. Commander
the enterprise a refit needs to be made a adv h cr. or atleast a costume to replace the excel body its too pretty to keep parked in my inventory.im va and wont get rid of it i still fly it and die horably or make lower teers upgradable,cosonle ranks.hull,wepon slots at huge cost
Lt. Commander
# 117 Tractor Beam
02-15-2011, 02:05 PM
Can tractor beams be standard issue, since all starships have a tractor beams and it doesn't have to be installed on Tuesday. (Capt. Harriman Enterprise-B, where everything is installed on Tuesday).
Lt. Commander
# 118
02-15-2011, 02:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post

If the Romulans wont be a full faction until the Klingons are done, what are the goals needed to be reached before this happens, or is it just an excuse to never have to make a 3rd faction?
My greatest fear when I read this was that's just an excuse not to make a decent 3rd faction. I know that DStahl was justing voicing the idea to get player feed back, but I worry that those players who don't care about the Romulans, just want more content. I can't blame them really, if it's what you want then you state your opinion.

For myself and others who are greatly looking forward to playing as a citizen of the Romulan Star Empire, I can't stress enough how important it is for Cryptic to take their time and do it justice.

Personally I'd like to see the Romulans become strong again. Star Trek, for me, has always been about exploring humanity. We see facets of ourselves in the aliens we encounter. The Romulans represent one of the darker and far more threatening of all the races. Star Trek needs them.
Lt. Commander
# 119 shuttle bay needed
02-15-2011, 03:00 PM
we should beable to undock our shuttles off our ships wene done redock on our ship its unreal that cryptic hasnt came up with this yet.going back to a base to grab our shuttle is not real.
Lt. Commander
# 120 The Cure
02-15-2011, 08:04 PM
As of tonight that makes 7 attempts at trying to complete this @#&@#*&@#(@#(*@ mission.
WOULD YOU PLEASE TONE DOWN THIS MISSION. It takes far too long to play and it is to hard not everyone can sit and play it over and over. Besides not everyone has two pluse hours to sit and play at a time. At this rate I'll never complete the end missions.