Lt. Commander
# 131
02-22-2011, 12:47 PM
When we can have TNG film style diploment uniform.
current one just looks like but combadge and rank(type) position are totally different with the film
Lt. Commander
# 132 Ranks and other stuff
02-22-2011, 01:38 PM
I know this has been posted many times before but i would really like to see the leveling system revamped so everyone isn't an Admiral, in Star trek Cannon Admirals lead fleets or commanded Starbases they didn't go around the galaxy playing hero.

1. i suggest going to a prestige system that lets players accumulate prestige you rank up till captain and if you so choose you can get promoted to Admiral+ i would much rather be Captain Omni than 2nd RA Omni makes for better dialogue when reading through the NPC text.

2. not related to my above idea but how about a chat bubble system instead of the pop up windows i know its silly to see chat bubbles in space but for player < - - - - > npc back and forth i feel chat bubbles would be more cannon since you can't have voice.
Lt. Commander
# 133
02-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhugbees View Post
Agreed, although it might be hard to get enough Romulan players to make a viable 3rd faction.
I'll play Romulan.
Lt. Commander
# 134
02-22-2011, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniVore View Post
I know this has been posted many times before but i would really like to see the leveling system revamped so everyone isn't an Admiral, in Star trek Cannon Admirals lead fleets or commanded Starbases they didn't go around the galaxy playing hero.
I vote for not doing this. I appreciate the canon concerns, but it is still a game and not a movie. Leveling isn't broken, so please don't fix it.

The forms of address though are something they can and should fix, and don't seem like a ton of work. Admirals of any stripe should all be addressed as Admiral, Lieutenant Commanders are properly addressed as Commander, and I think it's also traditional in most naval branches to address any officer assigned to active command of a vessel as Captain, regardless of his rank.
Lt. Commander
# 135
02-23-2011, 05:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
I'll play Romulan.
+1 obviously.

I've been surprised at how many Romulan fans appear to be active on this forum too, so I think it's gonna be a popular faction.

These new weekly episodes might just sway some others into playing them too.
Lt. Commander
# 136
02-23-2011, 06:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
I vote for not doing this. I appreciate the canon concerns, but it is still a game and not a movie. Leveling isn't broken, so please don't fix it.

The forms of address though are something they can and should fix, and don't seem like a ton of work. Admirals of any stripe should all be addressed as Admiral, Lieutenant Commanders are properly addressed as Commander, and I think it's also traditional in most naval branches to address any officer assigned to active command of a vessel as Captain, regardless of his rank.
It will be broken as soon as you reach the rank of Fleet Admiral. After that there are no more ranks thus you can't level up... But this argument is really old and no matter what I say, they won't change it anyway....
Lt. Commander
# 137
02-23-2011, 07:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmniVore View Post

1. i suggest going to a prestige system that lets players accumulate prestige you rank up till captain and if you so choose you can get promoted to Admiral+ i would much rather be Captain Omni than 2nd RA Omni makes for better dialogue when reading through the NPC text.
I just use my imagination - my character is a Commander ICly but a Captain OOCly, so I imagine that she's addressed as Commander in the dialogues. I'm a big fan of the canon and I'm a roleplayer, but I appreciate that canon doesn't always make for good gameplay.
Lt. Commander
# 138
02-23-2011, 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
Dont force the classes to use a specific ship, i have begun to prefer cross flying.
Agreed !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanNewBoy View Post
If the Romulans wont be a full faction until the Klingons are done, what are the goals needed to be reached before this happens, or is it just an excuse to never have to make a 3rd faction?
Agreed! I Have often wondered this myself. I have a klingon toon I'm trying to level, so I empathize
with the fact that Klingons need a great deal of lovin, BUT, I also fear that there may be "some" who will NEVER feel the Klingons will be caught up. This being said, I'm just as concerned about Klingons getting a "bum's rush". They certianly will never be "COMPLETE", this is true for the Federation as well. I hope this is never a point of confusion.
There are "some" who play this game, who have a profound sense of entitlement, IN BOTH FACTIONS.
Unless goals to be reached are identified, I feel this is an issue that may never see true fruition. The Romulans will simply be pushed back farther and farther.
We also have to consider that some people have no interest in seeing the Romulans being another playable faction. These people may see any work being done on the Romulans, as taking away from work on THEIR faction,(Federation or Klingon), and again, both factions should never be considered "complete".

Bench marks/goals to complete before the Romulans can be worked on, would be helpful.
Lt. Commander
# 139
02-23-2011, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboyhugbees View Post
Agreed, although it might be hard to get enough Romulan players to make a viable 3rd faction.
I seriously doubt that it will be.
Lt. Commander
# 140
02-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperion2206 View Post
It will be broken as soon as you reach the rank of Fleet Admiral. After that there are no more ranks thus you can't level up... But this argument is really old and no matter what I say, they won't change it anyway....
Well, to be honest, 61 levels, if that's what the final cap will be, is more than enough. They could even stop now and it would be plenty. I'd rather see them focus all their effort into more and more interesting content for people to actually play, rather than longer and harder endless level grinds. I've played games that, with nothing to restrain ill thought out expansion of the level cap, wind up with the functional equivalent of 300 to 500 levels to reach endgame, and that's nothing but a freakin chore. If tieing levels to "rank" means they'll have nowhere left to "raise the cap" to after Fleet Admiral, then I think that "mistake" is a blessing in disguise.