Lt. Commander
# 101
02-11-2011, 01:15 AM
If Worf, one of the most liberal Klingons out there, can't get along with Romulans then I highly doubt most any of them can.
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-11-2011, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by USS Parallax
If Worf, one of the most liberal Klingons out there, can't get along with Romulans then I highly doubt most any of them can.
Maybe it is that I've been up grading all night, but this made me think of

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ICpoWtFFzc

And then I laughed...
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-11-2011, 01:28 AM
I can easily see some Unificationist Romulans (like in some of the existing content) ally with the Federation. But I honestly can't see Klingons once again allying themselves with the Romulan Empire. Epseically givng what's going on.

The Hirogen and the Klingons aren't going to play nice, they rather fight one another. And the Remans just want be the rulers than the ruled, so there is no way we will see them allying themselves with the Federation or the Klingons.

I could see Romulan faction players being a type of freelance whom they like to ally with. Would you side with the Federation or stay a loyal servant to the Empire?

So those Romulans who ally with the Federation, effectively become a Federation faction member and perhaps earning trust along the way.

With the Imperial Romulans, I could see them taking on Covert tasks to subvert the Unificationists and the Federation, while waging open war with the Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-11-2011, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
The magic words.

I don't play a Klingon but I'd be more inclined to if the faction had more PvE content. I'd like to play a Romulan, too, but I'd rather wait and have it done right. Prioritizing Klingons now bodes well for any future faction added to STO. It likely means you'll do them right from the beginning.

Z
QFT! This is what I'm really waiting on as well, before making an Orion alt for the KDF.
Lt. Commander
# 105
02-11-2011, 02:54 AM
Perhaps you could instead have the rom factions having alliances with the fed/kling factions rather than joining them.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-11-2011, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'll have to admit that I'm grinning at my desk reading all of this commentary. Who needs polls when I can do feature research by suggestion something CrAzY!

Just keep in mind - while this is a fun discussion - the Klingon faction comes first and a lot can change between now and then.

It is fun to speculate though ...
With it being a long long long way off is there any chance that the Romulan and Cardassian races will be added to the C-store to play as Feds of KDF officers.

A yah or nay on this would help to let people know if there is an option to meet half way and let people play the race they want.
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-11-2011, 03:36 AM
I agree with OP!
Romulans need to be independent faction.
Romulans in ally with klingons, is joke(in current timeline).
I am waiting for playable romulans for start playing this game with feeling and don't care about PVE content.

Sorry cryptic but your idea is not interesting.
Lt. Commander
# 108
02-11-2011, 03:46 AM
Please no weird Romulan Alliances.

And please finish the Klingon faction first before adding any new. We still need so much, starting up from character customisation options, ship skin etc. The list goes on.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-11-2011, 04:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'd caution everyone that without details, there is a lot of assumption going on. Details about what the Romulan faction will be when they are released is in the very TBD side of the design document. I realize that my comments strike fear in some that the Romulans will be just a Fed or KDF species - but seriously - you have to give me a little credit that I'm NOT trying to replicate the KDF incident. Those suggesting that I'm trying to shoe-horn in Romulan ships by adding them to the FED/KDF are purely speculating.

If the Romulan faction joins the game - you will start in your own area - and have your own storyline, etc...

My comment was more along the lines that at this point (and it will be better illustrated in the feature episode series Cloaked Intentions) there is is no central Romulan government and many survivers are forming their own alliances.

It could very well be that some Romulans might be sympathetic (con neutral) to Feds while some could be sympathetic (con neutral) to KDF. Perhaps not ALL Romulans will have the same agenda.
Interesting Concept. with no true central power ROmulans are notoriously independant and would create several power bases in the fractured empire. That itself leads to a massive realm of possibilities for future episodes leading to a reunification of the Romulan star empire....

a MOST interesting thought... MUHAHAHA image what kind of fun THAT would be!!!
Lt. Commander
# 110
02-11-2011, 04:14 AM
You know folks you all think to small, Dan here is my idea of how to make this work.

First we begin with a very special 10 to 12 part Featured Episode where the Romulan civil war goes into full swing and the Federation and Klingons choose sides in it. During this feature the sotry of the war is told and out of it emerges a Romulan faction a few weeks after the episode ends.

It still may not be the Romulan Star Empire as we would imagine it but this is the chance for Cryptic to create it's own in game canon and make it STRONG! The movies series has moved away from this and you can pull some ideas from the soft canon of novels but in the end this could be pure Cryptic and even better be CLASSIC STAR TREK!

I mean think about it! The storyline playing out, the players working to sway the faction to one side or another through thier missions.

This could not only give us a new faction the way most players would want it but also give what could easily be one of the most EPIC MMO game quests ever done with that feature run!

Dang it, I get a geekgasm thinking about it!