Lt. Commander
# 21
02-10-2011, 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
I'm suggesting that the Romulan Faction may have to at some point decide who they want to side with if they want to survive, much like they had to do in the dominion war. Maybe not all Romulans will make the same decision. Who's running the show anyway? Sela? Obisek? Hakeev? I bet you ask 10 romulans and you'd get a different answer each time.

And I haven't even started to talk about the Hirogen... who's controlling them?

For all of the above .
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-10-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_Praetori View Post
i think he might be suggesting that while there is 'one' romulan faction... that there will be 'two' romulan plot lines and your romulan character would either have to decide which way to go or try a little of both.
Throw in a touch of "play both sides when it's advantageous" and "play both sides against eachother" as options and you have a winner. Romulans are nothing if not highly situational with regards to their allegiances, I suppose.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-10-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reiella View Post

For all of the above .
Except they really are just a minor player and another pawn in all of this. They're not evil. They're victims like the rest of us.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Quote:
I'm suggesting that the Romulan Faction may have to at some point decide who they want to side with if they want to survive, much like they had to do in the dominion war. Maybe not all Romulans will make the same decision. Who's running the show anyway? Sela? Obisek? Hakeev? I bet you ask 10 romulans and you'd get a different answer each time.

And I haven't even started to talk about the Hirogen... who's controlling them?
Sounds interesting. So, what's your best guess on which side a playable Romulan faction would side with when and if you do make it available? Will each individual player get to choose who to sympathize with and will end up with a different set of contacts/locations based on what they chose? That sounds too time consuming for the team to make. Will the majority decide in a player poll? All very interesting and important questions. I hope the team will have answers for us soon.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-10-2011, 06:27 PM
Stahl, in my opinion the Romulans should be divided into 3 separate groups:

1) The ones that side with the Federation for survival (a Romulan playable faction in Starfleet)

2) The ones that side with the Klingons for survival (a Romulan playable faction in the KDF)

3) The ones that want to keep being independent and get their former glory back. These are the ones working with the Hirogen and even Remans. This is also the new Romulan playable faction.

I honestly think this covers the entire storyline for STO up to this point and has a good reason for all of it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Sounds interesting. So, what's your best guess on which side a playable Romulan faction would side with when and if you do make it available? Will each individual player get to choose who to sympathize with and will end up with a different set of contacts/locations based on what they chose? That sounds too time consuming for the team to make. Will the majority decide in a player poll? All very interesting and important questions. I hope the team will have answers for us soon.
If the Romulan Empire collapses into a civil war, then I would not be surprised to see missions where Feds + Roms are fighting against KLG + Roms.

Or maybe even more specific than that...

Maybe it is Remans+Feds vs. Rom+Kdf+Hirogen

you can see - there are a lot of ways we can go with it... nothing is for certain... except that we want to focus back on the conflict between the Federation and KDF and adding a Romulan faction will play into that somehow...

well at least until the Iconians arrive to destroy everyone
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
Except they really are just a minor player and another pawn in all of this. They're not evil. They're victims like the rest of us.
So they want you to think. I'm onto them, they think I haven't noticed they replaced my Breen BOff, but I can just tell from how he looks at me, he's not the same.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
*ahem* I think it MIGHT mean that they get to do a lot of existing Fed and Klingon content along with their own. So I'm not sure if it IS impossible time consuming.

Get Klingons up to having 40 missions or so and, say, launch Romulans with 25 and a choice of 20 Fed or 20 Klingon and the ability to pick a side in existing PvP. Just my thought on what it might mean.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Quote:
well at least until the Iconians arrive to destroy everyone
I can't wait for that. XD

I'm finding the Romulan ideas quite interesting. Can't wait until things are finalized so we can learn more.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Stahl, in my opinion the Romulans should be divided into 3 separate groups:

1) The ones that side with the Federation for survival (a Romulan playable faction in Starfleet)

2) The ones that side with the Klingons for survival (a Romulan playable faction in the KDF)

3) The ones that want to keep being independent and get their former glory back. These are the ones working with the Hirogen and even Remans. This is also the new Romulan playable faction.

I honestly think this covers the entire storyline for STO up to this point and has a good reason for all of it.
I support this