Lt. Commander
# 1 Can't buy tokens. Any help?
02-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Got a new computer a few weeks ago, and something about it seems to be keeping me from buying atari tokens from the STO website. I go to the tokens page, verify my account, and select the amount, and while the screen flickers like the site's trying to do something, the payment selection box fails to appear. If I go ahead and select an amount and hit submit, I get just about the whole list of error messages about not having entered all the required credit card info, even though it is all entered correctly. I've tried on both my new comp and my old one, and, like I said, it won't work on the new one, only the old comp with no problems.

The new comp has Windows 7 and I'm using Internet Explorer 8 (both of which are also on the old comp, and both up to date), and have Norton 360 for security. I'm thinking this is related to problems I'm having on other websites, where interactive elements fail to load or display properly. Unfortunately, while I'm perfectly capable of using a computer, figuring out why programs aren't working right falls into the category of magic juju stuff, so I'm hoping someone else has had this problem, or can otherwise help figure out what's going on. Hooking up my old comp just to buy tokens gets annoying fast.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-10-2011, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro45
Got a new computer a few weeks ago, and something about it seems to be keeping me from buying atari tokens from the STO website. I go to the tokens page, verify my account, and select the amount, and while the screen flickers like the site's trying to do something, the payment selection box fails to appear. If I go ahead and select an amount and hit submit, I get just about the whole list of error messages about not having entered all the required credit card info, even though it is all entered correctly. I've tried on both my new comp and my old one, and, like I said, it won't work on the new one, only the old comp with no problems.

The new comp has Windows 7 and I'm using Internet Explorer 8 (both of which are also on the old comp, and both up to date), and have Norton 360 for security. I'm thinking this is related to problems I'm having on other websites, where interactive elements fail to load or display properly. Unfortunately, while I'm perfectly capable of using a computer, figuring out why programs aren't working right falls into the category of magic juju stuff, so I'm hoping someone else has had this problem, or can otherwise help figure out what's going on. Hooking up my old comp just to buy tokens gets annoying fast.
chances are you need to install or update your browser's flash or java plugins, or something like that. I haven't used IE in a long time, but in Mozilla's firefox browser, it tells you if a page needs a plugin you don't have, and usually helps you find it. These plugins don't usually come with the browser, so it might say it's up to date but not have them. It's also possible that your browser is blocking said plugins.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-12-2011, 07:19 AM
(growls in annoyance)

Made sure I've got the latest Flash and Java, even grabbed two other Adobe things I thought might be the problem, but it's still not working. Anyone got any ideas what in Explorer could be blocking the payment options? I'd start making random changes to my settings, but messing with the juju that way usually ends badly for me.
Lt. Commander
# 4 Tokens
05-20-2011, 12:58 AM
I cant buy tokens either. I have an active account with a registered CC, (they manage to charge my account just fine) but when I try to buy atari tokens I get the same error as if I have no CC info on file.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-22-2011, 08:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmadi
I cant buy tokens either. I have an active account with a registered CC, (they manage to charge my account just fine) but when I try to buy atari tokens I get the same error as if I have no CC info on file.
I had a similar problem,i cantt fill the state info,and dont know what to do.
Any sugestions please ?
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-23-2011, 09:52 AM
i just got that i got a AVT or VTA error i think it was then tryed again and it declined my card called my card and 12.50 was taking off but no tokens
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-23-2011, 10:11 AM
has anyone submited a ticket?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
has anyone submited a ticket?
im doing a live chat with them now bout it
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper23 View Post
im doing a live chat with them now bout it
Update us plz none of us can buy tokens
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-24-2011, 06:15 AM
I was going to get some c-store iteams becouse of the sale, but can't buy Tokens, i have an active account but when a go and pay it says that it has no payment info on file, this happen after the sale started is that the problem, if so please fix it.